How would you feel if the person you love told you they don’t care about hurting your feelings?

If your boyfriend or girlfriend told you they didn’t care about hurting your feelings after you explained to them that they really hurt you , how would you feel?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• That sounds very harsh
    But it also maybe lacks some context?
    Was this part of an argument tempers flaring maybe? Did you do something that hurt him and he said or did something hurtful in response?
    It would seem a little unusual to care enough about someone to have a relationship with them but not care if you hurt them or not
    So it is hard to imagine someone saying something like that if not in anger or out of hurt
    If there really is nothing like that then that is not a relationship worth pursuing

0|0
    0|0
    • He thought I did something but I didn’t and his feelings were hurt. In return he hurt mine. I told him. He said he didn’t care about hurting my feelings.

• Ok well
      So he hurt you because he felt hurt and as an extension of that said he didn't care if he hurt you
      If you actually did or did not do whatever he was hurt over does not mean much in this regard
      Basically it is a cruel thing to say and most likely he does not even mean it
      However overall this is not a healthy behaviour pattern
      He chose to retaliate and hurt you rather than go and tell you he was hurt
      Again if you did it or not is not relevant in this regard
      This is not a good foundation for a relationship
      This is an issue that you need to seriously address or go your separate ways

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've told my boyfriend something similar when pissed. But my mom basically shows me she doesn't care about my feelings. It makes me wanna kill myself but im trying to stay calm

0|0
    0|0
  • I would break up with them. I would know from that point that they aren’t good for me. It’s better to find someone else who puts my happiness first. Also it’s not love when they don’t worry or care about how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not let anyone hurt my feelings even if they are a person I love. I'll be a rock in the stream and let the problem swim around me and go. I would not let the water break me. If it does then it's your choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • my feelings got hurt again.
    But tbh you have to operate how you want to.. what did he do?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would kick them to the curb and find someone else who has mutual feelings for you and cares about your feelings too.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would most likely be over and i would be upset over the whole situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s over... unless there’s a specific reason why they said that

0|0
    0|0
  • That they did not care about me that's how they do care that my feeling was not any of their concern

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be devastated because they don't really love me if that's true

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be extremely hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be shocked that we still a couple

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad at first
    But then I'd let it fade away

0|0
    0|0
  • Its time to dump him

0|0
    0|0
  • This happened to me and I felt like a dumb ass.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes