How would you feel if the person you love told you they don’t care about hurting your feelings?

If your boyfriend or girlfriend told you they didn’t care about hurting your feelings after you explained to them that they really hurt you , how would you feel?

412

Most Helpful Guys

• That sounds very harsh
    But it also maybe lacks some context?
    Was this part of an argument tempers flaring maybe? Did you do something that hurt him and he said or did something hurtful in response?
    It would seem a little unusual to care enough about someone to have a relationship with them but not care if you hurt them or not
    So it is hard to imagine someone saying something like that if not in anger or out of hurt
    If there really is nothing like that then that is not a relationship worth pursuing

• He thought I did something but I didn’t and his feelings were hurt. In return he hurt mine. I told him. He said he didn’t care about hurting my feelings.

• Ok well
      So he hurt you because he felt hurt and as an extension of that said he didn't care if he hurt you
      If you actually did or did not do whatever he was hurt over does not mean much in this regard
      Basically it is a cruel thing to say and most likely he does not even mean it
      However overall this is not a healthy behaviour pattern
      He chose to retaliate and hurt you rather than go and tell you he was hurt
      Again if you did it or not is not relevant in this regard
      This is not a good foundation for a relationship
      This is an issue that you need to seriously address or go your separate ways