I kissed someone else. I told him but?

I’m in a long distance relationship. I see him once a week. And I don’t know if that has to do with this. A few months ago I kissed this guy at my friends party with no intention to even look at a guy. I was picturing my boyfriend in my head while it happened wishing it was him. I told him about it the next day and I felt so guilty I was crying and crying so hard. I felt like a terrible person and maybe I am. But the thing about that is he’s the closest thing I have to a best friend he is my best friend. I was scared to lose him so I didn’t tell him I kissed back but I told him it happened. This was months ago and it’s coming back to me. And I still feel extremely guilty. He was mad but he let it go and we’ve been happy. I decided not to text or talk to any guys outside of school and never go to a party without him. I never want to do that again. The second it happened I hated myself. Should I go back and tell him I kissed him back after he already moved in from it?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand you. I was in a long distance relationship for over a year. We both have strict morals and stayed loyal, though I missed experiencing what it was like to be in a regular relationship, to be close to one another. I think that’s the case with you too. You wouldn’t hurt your boyfriend consciously, but the heart wants what the heart wants. I think you want something he can’t give you. When I broke up with my ex I cried so much and was so scared to lose him, yet I initiated breaking up simply because I missed important aspects in the relationship. I just had a moment of vulnerability that you are experiencing now too. Yet feeling guilty is good, you know that it was wrong of you to do that. I’m happy that you decided to be loyal to him now, but there is no excuse for cheating. If you are unsatisfied with the relationship, you should leave instead of keeping him close while searching for the missing parts in someone else. I would tell him.

• He knows about the kiss. He knows it happened. Ever since it did we’ve been good we’ve been happy and I haven’t even talked to a guy besides at school ever since. I don’t know why but I’m thinking about it again. The only thing he doesn’t know is that I kissed back. He already moved on from it... do you think I should still tell him?

• And I know what you mean about a piece missing.. my boyfriend works a lot so we have a tight schedule to work around when hanging out and I just missed that type of physical affection that I wanted more besides once a week.. I think I’ll talk to him about that too but I think we can get through it if we stay strong right?

• Glad to hear you two are happy together, but if you can still feel the guilt chewing on you then that’s a sign you need to let it out. Would you rather have a relationship where your boyfriend knows all about your mistakes but stays with you because he truly loves you, or would you rather have him stay with you because he doesn’t know the full story thus doesn’t think it’s that bad? I absolutely understand your desire for physical affection. If you two can’t fix that then there’s the chance this kind of accident may happen again. You can definitely get through it dear. Have strong morals. As soon as you feel the lacking pieces are making you feel unhappy, don’t keep yourself in there. You will get hurt and if you make another accident like that you’ll hurt him too

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't feel guilty about it. Nobody is perfect we all have needs. Don't tell him you kissed back. It was a mistake and he forgave you and moved on from it. I hope he is worth sacrificing all your guy friend's and going to parties. Your young enjoy your youth. Just because you go to parties doesn't mean you will kiss a guy every time. That won't happen all the time.