Is it strange that I don’t like going out to lunch/dinner for a first date?

My idea of a first date would be anything that involves physical activity, such as going for a walk in the park, or touring a museum, etc. Dinner/lunch dates are weird to me, because it increases the chances of awkward silences. I feel like if my date and I are doing something physical, then there won’t be any awkward silences. However, this guy that I’m talking to, asked me out on a dinner date, but he also said that I could choose the date. So, how do I tell him that I rather not go out to dinner with him, but I rather do something else?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't have said lunch/dinner is best 1st date.
    I'd have said coffee/drink, easier to get away from if it goes South.
    Second date, walk along the river then dinner.
    Be honest with him. Why start a potential relationship compromising yourself that way. He'll respect you for being honest, it won't bother him to change the date

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a good idea to involve physical activity. I went on a date once where we went for a hike. He was saying he's physically active & became so judgmental about himself, saw a bit of his true self on that date. :/