Is it strange that I don’t like going out to lunch/dinner for a first date?

My idea of a first date would be anything that involves physical activity, such as going for a walk in the park, or touring a museum, etc. Dinner/lunch dates are weird to me, because it increases the chances of awkward silences. I feel like if my date and I are doing something physical, then there won’t be any awkward silences. However, this guy that I’m talking to, asked me out on a dinner date, but he also said that I could choose the date. So, how do I tell him that I rather not go out to dinner with him, but I rather do something else?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't have said lunch/dinner is best 1st date.
    I'd have said coffee/drink, easier to get away from if it goes South.
    Second date, walk along the river then dinner.
    Be honest with him. Why start a potential relationship compromising yourself that way. He'll respect you for being honest, it won't bother him to change the date

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a good idea to involve physical activity. I went on a date once where we went for a hike. He was saying he's physically active & became so judgmental about himself, saw a bit of his true self on that date. :/

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• not odd at all, i went bowling for my first "date" with my girlfriend and it was chill, and for the second date i just went round to her place. depends on the person though and i can definitely say that you and I are in the minority

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's strange that you feel that way about eating on a first date. And I agree that when on a first date it can be easier to keep the flow going when you're moving around walking and focusing on things in front of you (exhibits at a museum, things in the park, etc.) So especially since this guy said you could choose, why not suggest something you would feel more comfortable about? I think it would be okay to do that, as long as you're really positive in your attitude and you aren't talking down his idea. That's important, because he didn't choose a dinner date to make you feel uncomfortable.

1|0
    0|0
  • The sad thing is awkward silence does happen because you run out of things to say. That’s why texting is great

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t it’s strange at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes