Is it okay to date a guy I am not attracted to?

So I started dating this guy who is totally not my type. I'm not attracted to him very much physically. But he is very lovely and we spend nice time together.
So is it okay to keep dating him if I don't find him that much attractive? I mean, I think it is how it should work, right - we should date someone for who he is not what does he looks like.. but well it is not how it usually is...
What's your opinion about it? Would you date someone who you are not attracted to?

1131

Most Helpful Guy

• My honest opinion is, when you said,

"I mean, I think it is how it should work, right - we should date someone for who he is not what does he looks like.. but well it is not how it usually is..."

is that you are following that society rule. And I believe most people that say that don't really mean it. It's a politically correct way of making people feel good when publicly talking.

If you are comfortable dating him like that, then I hope the best for you. I personally wouldn't do that though, especially not at your age.

• Maybe not a society rule but my experience. I followed my heart before and I was with guys I was very attracted to. But both of them in the end came out to be more in love with themselves than me lol.
      And that's why I started to wondering if giving so much importance to the appearance is a good approach.

• I agree that the more attractive guys or probably more likely to be players. That's how it seems to be due to Tinder an apps like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, do you still feel romanticly towards him or is he more like a friend to you. Because if you don't feel any attraction, it might mean he us way more into you than you are to him, which might end really badly. But if you can see it as a romantic relationship, even though you aren't attracted to him, I think it's fine.

• He is not my type but I am attracted to his personality, how he treats me and how we spend time together which makes me somehow feel romantically towards him