Can you love someone who is really different from you? and maybe out of your league?

We meet during our biology class in university, he is really handsome, kind and carring, but there some differences between us:
- he is an atheist and I’m Christian!
When he told me that, I was really upset, but he told me, that despite don’t believing in God he really believe in us. He thought it was romantic, but for me it was upsetting. It’s not the only thing there
- he is a liberal and I’m a conservative
- he’s a pro-choice while I am against abortion.
- he had several girlfriends In his past, but he is the first man I had ever kissed

When I told him that I was waiting marriage, to have sexe, he was upset about that, the same way I was about his believes. But he always write me poems, and he told me that just being with me makes him happy. The other probleme is that he came from a wealthy family, and mine is just well... normal. His dad is a ceo and his mother a doctor, while my parents have a lot of liability. For example he don’t get why I can’t go to a date with him sometimes, because I had planned to work, so I can help my family. And he visited a lot of countries while I don’t even have a passeport. I just noticed these days that we are really different. The only thing we share is that we are very romantic, but I know that life is not a fairy tail. I always say to myself that maybe he will meet a girl prettier than me, since he’s better looking than me. Wealthier than me so they can share the same interest, and maybe a girl that will share the same beliefs. I don’t know why I can’t help but be afraid. Should I break up with him? What should I do?

524

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy is pro choice but the girl is pro life, I don't think it should be a problem. It could have been a problem if it had been the other way around. Him having many girlfriends earlier doesn't mean he won't be as committed and loving and loyal. If you think that way, then it's just in your head. And I really don't get why people have to be supporters. Why do we have to be a liberal or a conservative. I'm liberal half the time (climate change is real and government should do more) and conservative half the time (capitalism, free trade and pro life). I'll vote based on the candidate and the promises. Why be affiliated? Why not open minded?
    As for you being religious and him being atheist. That can be quite an interesting relationship. You may feel since you love him, you should convince him about the "truth" and he'll try to convince you otherwise. It can be fun just make sure you guys don't fight over it...

• So what he's rich. Haven't you seen The Notebook? Or even Titanic for that matter? 😂😂 If you're looking for love then it doesn't matter as sooner or later you'll be the same household. But if you're not looking for love, then it has to end sometime, better end it now.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" I'm going to break it down and be honest. If you guys really love each other, that's great. But here's the thing, if you're a Christian like you say you are, then it's supposed to be the biggest part of your life. And if you're thinking long-term or even just casual dating you are sharing your life with someone else. If he doesn't believe the same way you do or doesn't believe what you believe there is always going to be a huge part of your life that he won't understand. And vice versa.