My boyfriend would rather play video games than see me. Why?

My boyfriend of almost 2 years and I live 40 minutes apart. I used to be at his house almost every weekend and then almost every day for awhile. Recently I started a new job where I need to stay at my home. My boyfriend hates my hometown and thus refuses to visit me (he says it's boring). I haven't seen him in 2 weeks. He told me he wanted to see me but then said he would be playing video games all day (so really he isn't seeing me with his back to me..).
I am beyond frustrated because he's been addicted to this game ever since Christmas. He plays every single day after work and then all weekend. Whenever I was at his house he played and didn't pay attention to me. I thought this time apart would make him miss me and want to see me but apparently not. I don't know what to do.

Wouldn't you want to see/spend time with your girlfriend who you haven't seen in 2 weeks rather than play a video game you play every single day?
:(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey. Guys like video games doesn't mean he loves u any less. These things are very addictive. I was before. I quit when I was 22 and I'm 5 years sober now. It's very hard. It's a condition. He won't give u up for his games. But if u tell him to give it up for u then u will end up losing him. That's an unfortunate truth. So learn to live with it. And slowly change him and get him out of it. If he gets wise enough he will come out of it on his own. I would also like to tell you that I empathize with you and blame him for neglecting you but I know both sides. U will have to work out a solution. I don't know what kind of a person he is but if u go to his house convince him to talk to you and if u can get him to pause a game while play ur making headway. Like that work through it slowly and get him on ur side.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys are so annoying when it comes to games. My boyfriend is like that too, I have to do THE most to get his attention.
    But honestly, he's just making excuses that your hometown is boring. The whole point of coming to your side is to see you and chill at your house or whatever. You should try to compromise with him or if you go around his area, go out to eat/movies etc

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't have that problem. We're both huge gamers lol. Addiction is addiction. Either sit down and tell him it's affecting your relationship or leave. I dont mean that harshly but some guys don't change. I know a guy who's going through his second divorce because of video games.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend is going through what i call "dickhead infection" its when a guy places something above his girlfriend and it happens frequently. all i can say is you need to sit him down and talk to him, and if he doesn't care you should drop him

0|0
    0|0
  • I do play video games some online games requires u to continue the match or game before leaving or u would receive a penalty but honestly if it s my girlfriend (tho i dont have one lol) i would just wait for her so i could spend time and hang out with her ofc. Maybe u should try talking about the situation with him but i dont think he s not aware of it i hope

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you really see a future with this guy?
    He sounds too immature to be in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he likes his games better than you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes