Should I believe my brother about the guy Im dating?

I've been seeing this guy for about 1 month
We have been on several dates now - he takes me out to dinner, movie, bowling, golfing, long drives to see scenic views, etc
He pays for everything we do even if I insist in paying
He seems like a really sweet and nice guy
He text me goodmorning and goodnight everyday
He text me during the day checking up how my day is at work and stuff
He always wants to hold my hand and sometimes he would give me a kiss in public
When I was sick he checked up on me and he offered to bring something if I needed anything

So anyway yesterday night when we were hanging out, I told him that my mum wants me to buy few things at the supermarket
So he took me to the supermarket
But I told him my younger brother is working there
So we got there and he came with me inside the supermarket
I quickly got the things I need and then saw my brother
I went up to my brother to see how he is
I looked at my guy and he was behind me but I didn't introduce him to my brother
He didn't introduce himself to my brother either

My brother came home 1 hour later from his shift
Then he came to my room and this was our conversation:
Him - who was that guy with you?
Me - oh.. he's the new guy im dating
Him - are you serious? He looks like a dick
Me - what? Why u say that? He seems genuine to me
Him - just his vibe I got from him. Im a guy so I know. But whatever, just date whoever you want but if he does something, let me know

Now im rethinking everything!
I usually listen to my brothers for guys advice
Should I believe my younger brother?
I really think that this guy seems genuinely nice but I dont know now
  • Yes believe your brother
    Vote A
  • No trust your feelings
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I say be weary of him, but honestly I have gotten bad impressions of people and I was dead wrong. Just look for red flags and be ready to break up for a year with the guy. After that if he proves himself and he gets along with your brother relax and fall in love.
    Guys don't have a better sense of people or guys than girls do.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's done nothing dickish it seems like. Has he ever been rude to employees of places you go to? Like the concessions people at the movies or waitstaff?

0|1
    0|0
    • No he has never been rude to any employees infront of me

• Maybe your brother just doesn't wanna like this guy then. From everything you've said he seems like a decent dude

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Your brother sounds like he's being protective. It's not like he knows the guy or anything. He might think he's a dick simply cause he didn't introduce himself, while your boyfriend felt awkward probably. Maybe just have a get together to see if your brother changes his mind. He seems rather nice in your description.

2|0
    0|0
  • just vibes? If your bro said he was 100% a fuckboi and he knew it because of some EVIDENCE then I'd believe him, but as far as just vibes, I wouldn't bet on it

1|1
    0|0
  • Your brother is only being protective of you. All brothers behave this way.. There is nothing to worry

1|0
    0|0
  • ALWAYS believe your brother like this.

The fact that the guy didn't introduce himself is definitely a red flag for me even, and your hesitation to go to the supermarket suggests you knew your brother would dislike him, whether subconsciously or not. I think you know something may be wrong here already.

Ultimately it's your choice, and I would say if you do keep dating him, then yes if he does anything, tell your brother immediately. Good luck, and I hope I'm wrong here. You sound like a nice girl.

0|0
    2|0
  • The thing about getting vibes is that people tend to forget it when they are wrong...
    Just maybe be a little more cautious but without more than an unsubstantiated vibe don't make rash decisions

0|0
    0|0
  • You're intellectualising it too much. Trust your instinct, it's never wrong

1|0
    0|0
  • just be objective and watch for red flags. i've been on the wrong side of this-her mother turned me into a monster

0|0
    0|0
  • Family for the most part, look out for your well being, trust your brother.

0|0
    0|0
  • My sister dated someone who I got a bad vibe from but didn't say anything and something happened 😟

0|0
    0|0
  • How good is he doing himself?

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what brothers are like, being cringey protective to the point that they would fuck their sister. Don't take his advice to seriously

0|0
    2|0
  • Your bro is right in a sense. Any man that pays for everything in this day and age is simp...

It won't be long before you get rid of him for being too nice assuming it's not just an act.

0|0
    3|1
  • Your brother might be right but he’s probably just jealous lol. My siblings don’t like my dates either.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes