Should I allow my 14 year old daughter to have a my?

• Yes but limits
    Vote A
  • Yes let them be
    Vote B
  • Nope too young.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• PLEASE READ

Lemme tell you a story of my sister:

She & my mother talked about everything. My MOTHER decided to put her on the pill, or a depo shot, it's "her choice which she wants, but she's gonna be on one of them".

She decided the depo shot. She broke up with him years later (big surprise from a first boyfriend right) and she's successful in life.

Years later, not only is she a manager at Subway (and heading to be an EMT full time), but she's also very responsible, more-so than me.

Lesson: You can't control what your child does, but you can help them with outcome and/or consequences of mistakes in life.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t see why not. The truth is that parents who restrict their kids find that they rebel the hardest. Don’t make it taboo because that makes the behaviour more alluring and and attractive. Have an open discourse, she’ll respect your honesty and likely be responsible.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If I was in that situation I would let her, but tell her a couple of things:

- That 1 out of 5 people that pull out get pregnant.
    - That you can easily get a disease even using a condom.
    - That emotions are quite strong, so better to know the person a little bit first for your own sanity.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's going to do it whether you "let" her or not, so the best thing you can do for her is to make damn certain that she knows everything there is to know about safe sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not, but with some talks and supervision. Have the talk with her, meet the boy and maybe his parents. If you are involved and on her side, she is less likely to lie and do it behind your back.

0|0
    0|0
    • She doesn't want me to meet him

• Show All
    • His 15 he is in her math class
      I'll try

• That's not too bad. Good luck!

• When i was 15, i had many aims and goals and it consisted of even having a girlfriend and roaming with her all places,

But after 20 i realised that i was such a stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yap, only point out the responsibility it takes to be in a relationship and it's many risk. Let her understand that at her age the risk are higher than the benefits.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's MY?

0|0
    0|0
    • boyfriend my bad

• I think that if you say no she will go behind your back, she's young but also she will probably have more boyfriends in the future, so therefor I would say 'allow' it but make sure she's keeping you in the loop, do have rules but try not to seem like you're forcing her to do things etc.

• Okay. Thanks

• What's a My?

0|0
    0|0
  • HEY canyou message me f

0|0
    0|0
  • Too young

0|0
    0|0
  • What's a my

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t you remember being 14? You can’t stop her so at least be sensible with her education.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya but when I was 14 it was different. like different County laws and stuff

• Ah, I see.

• no, i think she should not have a boyfriend. If it were up to me, girls shouldn't have bf's, until they're 26

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • If it were up to me they wouldn't date until they were 26, and in many cultures/religions, they don't allow you to date. they have arranged marriages. Be happy that she's thinking about allowing a girl at 14, to date

• I don’t care, I would let her. It’s all about growing up, restricting them like that leads to either a) rebellion or b) stunted emotional growth. Thank god you weren’t my father.

Recommended myTakes