Should I allow my 14 year old daughter to have a my?

• Yes but limits
  • Yes let them be
  • Nope too young.
    Vote C

68

Most Helpful Guy

• PLEASE READ

Lemme tell you a story of my sister:

She & my mother talked about everything. My MOTHER decided to put her on the pill, or a depo shot, it's "her choice which she wants, but she's gonna be on one of them".

She decided the depo shot. She broke up with him years later (big surprise from a first boyfriend right) and she's successful in life.

Years later, not only is she a manager at Subway (and heading to be an EMT full time), but she's also very responsible, more-so than me.

Lesson: You can't control what your child does, but you can help them with outcome and/or consequences of mistakes in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t see why not. The truth is that parents who restrict their kids find that they rebel the hardest. Don’t make it taboo because that makes the behaviour more alluring and and attractive. Have an open discourse, she’ll respect your honesty and likely be responsible.