He won't come up when he drops me off?

One of my guy friends seems to prefer to spend time with me, rather than the other females in our mutual group of friends. Lately when he invites me out with his friends, and has taken to picking me up and taking me home, even if it's out of the way. I usually invite him to come in and he seems to never want to spend the time alone with me. However if we are at his place he will spend hours with me on the couch talking. And even though he won't come inside he will spend 15-20 mins talking in his car. He also frequently initiates physical contact (high fives, sitting very close, grabbing my hands when I hand him something). However the past couple times I have touched him he has jerked away from me, which he doesn't do (you know unless I take him by surprise or something).
I feel that his taking the time to drive me around is a rather good sign, but the fact that I can't get him to spend more time with me, and the last two times has jerked away if I try to touch him, I'm somewhat confused.

02