He won't come up when he drops me off?

One of my guy friends seems to prefer to spend time with me, rather than the other females in our mutual group of friends. Lately when he invites me out with his friends, and has taken to picking me up and taking me home, even if it's out of the way. I usually invite him to come in and he seems to never want to spend the time alone with me. However if we are at his place he will spend hours with me on the couch talking. And even though he won't come inside he will spend 15-20 mins talking in his car. He also frequently initiates physical contact (high fives, sitting very close, grabbing my hands when I hand him something). However the past couple times I have touched him he has jerked away from me, which he doesn't do (you know unless I take him by surprise or something).
I feel that his taking the time to drive me around is a rather good sign, but the fact that I can't get him to spend more time with me, and the last two times has jerked away if I try to touch him, I'm somewhat confused.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Maybe he's new to all this and doesn't know? Maybe try to make plans to have him come in after instead of asking right then.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well it all depends on what time it is. If it's midnight on a work night, not inviting him up. If it's say 10 pm I will

• Show All
    • I don't even know how to make it sound natural as neither of us drink, so I can't offer him a night cap. I usually just tell him he is welcome to come inside or that we could keep talking inside where it may be more comfortable

• Could say that you made a dessert or something and he should, come have some after or you bought some movie or something

• he's being respectful

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, but I'm inviting him. And we both know that sex is off the table since we both believe in waiting until marriage, so that's not even an issue

• well still. he knows boundaries.

Recommended myTakes