How to know if someone with Aspergers likes you?

So there's a guy i like and im pretty sure he has borderline aspergers or some type of slight mental condition. With that being said i find it very difficult to communicate with him sometimes bc he doesn't understand stuff or do stuff that regular people would and he as trouble with being social and talking. He's very nice to me and since we been friends for a while he's a bit more open with me. I think he likes me but i can't tell if he likes me romantically or as a friend. He's NEVER had a girlfriend so i doubt he knows how to normally approach a girl romantically especially with he mental condition makes it harder. When i ask him to hang out he gets nervous and tries to come up with a neverous excuse for why he can't do it. ALSO he lies about getting girls, he claims he's had sex and that he talks to girls which is clearly not true, but i think he feels pressured to seem like he can get a girl since his brother does. I think he likes me bc he low key tires to get my attention, he pokes me or hits me slightly to get me to joke around with him or he'll sit near me or next to me if he can. But it's always me who opens and leads the conversations. He was in a very good mood the other day and called me adorable and cute in a joking way and it's not the first time he's done this and he would lean on me and we hug for a bit and joke around a lot. I had told him i liked him 2 weeks ago but he thought i meant as a friend. I was shook bc i was blunt like people told me to be but it falied so i just played along bc i thought i was getting friendzoned bc he didn't like me. I asked if he had a crush and he turned stiff and said "no". Should i believe him bc he's made false claims before or does he really like me as a friend. How do you tell if someone with Aspergers likes you? I did research about AS but i would i like to hear feedback from a real person with AS and how they deal with liking someone. How to know if someone with Aspergers likes you?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• If I remember right people with Asperger's have a hard time understanding emotions until described to them and what it looks/feels like so they can look for the signs about it. He might not actually understand what "crushing" on someone is. He also may not understand what love, lust, infatuation, etc... are which is why he said no to your question. If you knew his parents or his brother I would suggest you ask them if he knows about those emotions and if he doesn't then you know why. If he does then you might want to instead of saying I like you. Say something more like I like you in a romantic way and then proceed to ask him to be your boyfriend. Hope that helps