Is sex really just meaningless to everyone now?

I'm 23. Almost 24. I've only been with 3 people and they were long relationships, over a year with these three different people.

I used to think sex was meaningful.

But I have friends that have more than 20 past sexual partners. And I feel like I'm kind of... behind?
Like I need to catch up and maybe I should abandon the idea that sex is meaningful.
I think it's just hard to find someone that feels the same way I do. Or maybe I just haven't met too many people. Anyone else feel this way or am I alone on this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really care what other people think about sex. It's meaningful to me, so other people's opinions don't matter to me. But a lot of my friends have casual sex. I think it's fine either way. They're not any better or worse people, because they think of sex differently.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think to most people it is meaningless. But I am with you. I am 40 and have only slept with 6 women. I have given them a part of my self I will never get back. I am glad to know that I am not alone in that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. This comment makes me feel a bit better about all of this.

• If you do what feels right to you... then there should be no thoughts or feelings that make you feel bad. I wish I could find a girlfriend that feels like this. All of the women I find are shallow. I have a strange and strong attraction to shoes. I can't wear mens because they don't fit right. Women's fit perfectly so that's what I wear. But that feeling I have for shoes include all shapes. Every woman I meet says that she is cool with it but later on she changes her mind and leaves me. I accept them for better or worse and never ask them to change anything. Those women that feel the way you do about sex usually don't just boot some one for some thing like this. I hope you keep the train of thought and such that you have right now for the rest of your life and never stoop to the lower level like everyone else. You are definitely a keeper. Every one who can't see that is blind.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• (My wife and I married as virgins)

To us most sex after the "Honeymoon Year" is at least "mutually assured love".

What I mean is, the sex may just be "another sex", but when we do It, we feel our love and commitment to each other is reassurred to us again.

Sometime it's great, most time it's "normal" but satisfying, very rarely is it "meaningless". Even made up sex (after a severe quarrel) is soooooo intimate and bonding.

So no. Perhaps it's because I'm married and to a virgin. Sex almost always come with intimacy and reassurance of love.

0|0
    0|0
  • The number of partners you have is not a competition. Stick to your own feelings and let numbers influence you. Sex is not meaningless if you have it with someone who also cares about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know what you mean. I was in relationships and marriage. I never cheated. When I was single I was amazed how casual sex is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly its simply whatever.. if you want to be sexually active.. then be it.. if not.. thats cool too

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah go, catch up to those sheep running off a cliff, wait a second, why exactly do you feel the need to catch up?

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like the majority of people now believe sex is meaningless, but ultimately it depends on the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is meaningful of course it is, it's not a numbers game.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do feel like this sometimes.
    But i know that it is not truth.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so, at least to some people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex is not meaningful

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course sex is not meaningful. Its like a hobby or a sport, except you have a natural need for it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes