Is sex really just meaningless to everyone now?

I'm 23. Almost 24. I've only been with 3 people and they were long relationships, over a year with these three different people.

I used to think sex was meaningful.

But I have friends that have more than 20 past sexual partners. And I feel like I'm kind of... behind?
Like I need to catch up and maybe I should abandon the idea that sex is meaningful.
I think it's just hard to find someone that feels the same way I do. Or maybe I just haven't met too many people. Anyone else feel this way or am I alone on this?

211

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really care what other people think about sex. It's meaningful to me, so other people's opinions don't matter to me. But a lot of my friends have casual sex. I think it's fine either way. They're not any better or worse people, because they think of sex differently.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think to most people it is meaningless. But I am with you. I am 40 and have only slept with 6 women. I have given them a part of my self I will never get back. I am glad to know that I am not alone in that.

• Thanks. This comment makes me feel a bit better about all of this.

• If you do what feels right to you... then there should be no thoughts or feelings that make you feel bad. I wish I could find a girlfriend that feels like this. All of the women I find are shallow. I have a strange and strong attraction to shoes. I can't wear mens because they don't fit right. Women's fit perfectly so that's what I wear. But that feeling I have for shoes include all shapes. Every woman I meet says that she is cool with it but later on she changes her mind and leaves me. I accept them for better or worse and never ask them to change anything. Those women that feel the way you do about sex usually don't just boot some one for some thing like this. I hope you keep the train of thought and such that you have right now for the rest of your life and never stoop to the lower level like everyone else. You are definitely a keeper. Every one who can't see that is blind.