Super short responses to questions, why?

Just wondering why people give one word or short responses to questions, when you're trying to get to know them. Example how was your day? answer fine... Lol that's a terrible response when trying to get to know someone.. so why do people do it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you ask how someone is doing or how their day went, it’s just taken as a sign of politeness and common courtesy. The person asking is most likely not interested in hearing a whole life story, but just a nice short answer to keep the conversation going

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're asking questions that can be satisfactorily answered with a short response. If you want someone to engage more, you have to ask more engaging questions. So, what did you do this weekend? Vs Did you do anything this weekend?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Usually xper hunters. Lower levels are covered in ads, if they answer 20 questions a day all ads disappear, and xper can be used to get gift cards. The more questions you answer, the more you can get

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want a specific answer then ask a specific question: Were you attacked by Bigfoot today?
    Ask them a SPECIFIC question about the topic. Show them that you're paying attention and care about who THEY are and what's going on in THEIR life.

0|0
    0|0
  • How was your day is a pretty lame question in all fairness. Personally.. every day is "fine" for me.. and I'll let u know when it fluctuates in either direction if I feel its worth sharing.

1|0
    0|0
  • How was your day isn't a great question to get to know someone tbh. It's something most people are asked multiple times per day and most people will say 'fine' without even thinking about it because it's a boring question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... My take is that they are not interested to get to know me...
    I'll just move on after a few short texts like that...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've No Idea, Prolly Waiting 4 Your Response 2 Continue On Yk

0|0
    0|0
  • Because thier day was fine

0|1
    0|0
    • Can you elaborate, please? I find the short nature of your response repulsive, offensive and if I dare be frank.. unlawful. Please upgrade your response to meet my high standards so that I may go about my day without causing physical harm to any man, child or vehicle that crosses my path.

• Show All
    • Im almost as edgy as you

• You'll get there. Just keep at it. One day at a time.

• I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
    • Jk i was trying to make a short response here too. I wrote "idk." But gag automatically converted it to the full form.
      I really dont know tho lol.

• Laziness and/or lack of interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agreed.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's either
    1. Busy
    2. Not good with words
    3. Not interested in the subject
    4. Not interested at all (she would not be asking things back)

Most of all though. If you truly want to get to know her. ASK HER OUT

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't care. Are you talking about a female?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes