Is it a bad idea to ask a girl out on Facebook that you have talked to a few times in person but just can't seem to see her again at school?

I'm about to graduate college and I have a lot of friends at school and am in a fraternity and staying in the area after graduation. I just mentioned that because I also wanted to say while I will probably be at my school here and there, I realize I won't be on campus everyday though like I typically would. My question though is I don't know if I should ask a girl out over something like Facebook or if that is too weird and could end up causing a woman to say no even if she would say yes if I had done it in person?

I'm also confident socially except intially with the few girls I've had crushes on in the past but I will still approach them, etc and I had a class with a girl who I talked to a few times towards the end of this past Fall semester and I ended up having the absolutely largest crush on her. She's truthfully the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and she's just an amazing person and has a lot of interests and a great personality and I'm just infatuated by her and have a huge crush. A lot of women will flirt with me all the time/I know I'm attractive but normally I don't reciprocate and have only had a couple gf's and will only go after a woman I'm really into. When I've been around her I could tell she was into me also and so I feel pretty comfortable asking her out and I just know we would be perfect together on every level (personality, interests, etc) and I don't want to mess my chance up.

I obviously have decided to go ask her for her number/ask her out but this whole Spring semester it's just been crazy because even though we have similar majors and have classes in the same building primarily, I just never see her. Now that I'm graduating and won't be on campus as often I'm worried I will have my opportunity to see her more narrow and I might not get the chance. Is it a bad idea to message her on Facebook and just be blunt and ask her if I could take her on a date or should I just try to find her in person?

21