Would you date/marry someone with a disability? Why/why not? What are your deal breakers when it comes to this topic?

Would you date/marry someone with a disability?
  • Yes, but only if they didn't need me to assist them with anything extra.
  • Yes, even if I had to do more for them than those without a disability
  • No, never.
    Vote C
  • Depends. On What?
    Vote D

1326

Most Helpful Girl

• Lots of people have disabilities and illnesses. There are less people without disabilities than people with them. My boyfriend has type 1 diabetes which isn't a disability but it can be comparable. He has to constantly check his blood sugar and take insulin shots. With out them he can die. Lots of people live with mental illness like depression and anxiety and sometimes these disorders can be disabling. What I'm saying is most people struggle with something. It's silly to even think you would be with someone who isn't "Disabled", have a fun time finding that perfect specimen of humanity because they are few and far between.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure to be honest.
    My ex had a few health issues, I believe the doc had advised her she could technically be signed off as disabled, but she wanted to keep working. I always made a point of telling her that her health wouldn't be an issue for me, when we had to cancel things for her not being well enough I never made a fuss, was always more worried about her than missing out on anything. But whether I would get together with someone who had a severe disablement, I think I might struggle, but don't know for sure

• What do you define as a severe disability?

• Again honestly it's a difficult one to define. I think if someone was a paraplegic I think I would struggle to pursue anything.
      To some extent I suppose I would have to judge each person on their individual circumstances and based on what I felt the long term prospects were for the relationship.