Is friend zoning a real thing?

I just dont understand when guys say she hard core friendzoned me. I feel like you should be happy about that because then she'll talk to you like you're a friend and you'll get to know her better. This way you can get closer to her

35120

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe people have some thought process of "this person is going to be my friend and they will only ever be my friend." If someone had the mentality of "friendship but no relationship" I'd generally see that as a precautionary measure. It's a "I want to know you first and foremost as a friend before I'm willing to even consider a relationship."

If you're in a relationship and you plan to always be faithful... then everyone with whom you are friends is a friend. They aren't in the friend zone as that is the imaginary void from which no one can become an SO. But whenough becoming an SO isn't an option period... it's just being friends xD being in the "friendzone" is a pitty party. It's assuming you don't have a chance with someone because of something THEY did rather than something you've done. If someone decides there's some trait about you they couldn't handle in a relationship but they want to be friends, then it's a friendship.

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is people don't decide who they feel sexual attraction towards. And if there's no sexual attraction, you see that person as a potential friend and not as a potential partner. Therefor "friendzoning" people isn't a thing in my opinion. People don't consciously make that decision. But if the one-sided lack of sexual attraction is called the friendzone then that obviously exists.

• Out and about I see no one as sensually attractive. Nor as friends. They're real nice and all, sometimes cute and fun for a mo, but not compatible.

• Um, most females will tell you that they know whether they like someone, friends or lovers, when they meet them, or even just see them the first time. That first-impression thing. Their like may change depending on circumstance. Like one of my SOs thought I was attractive the first time she saw me - but it wasn't until my roommate/her friend showed her my room (once when I was not there) where she knew inside, "I'm going to fuck him." She told me this after we got together.

• In any case: I'm saying I know by looking at a photo of someone. And I know no one is out there. I have too much experience, wisdom, and insight to ignore this.