The good old "What Are We" confusion, help?

**Backstory: He literally spent 6 months trying to meet up even when ignored him/didn't text back, and finally manned up and asked me out back in Feb.**
**Present:** So this guy and I have already gone on one "date" and it went really well, he hits me up about every 3 days or so to "Check on me" which is good... We have good chemistry, but sometimes I feel like it can seem like we are just really good friends, yet he still will flirt with me and things... Like last night he literally just wanted to meet up, and we just sat on his couch and watched sports (I love sports and it was nothing sexual). But I was thrown a CURVE BALL when he was like, " See this is why I like you, not like that you know, but you're cool", but then he saves his name in my phone as "My man"... Personally, I just don't want to gain feelings for him if he just sees me as just a "friend". Any advice?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• He may be testing the waters with you. He could want to date but is unsure if you feel the same, so he's hesitant. He may also really just feel very strongly about you in a beat friends way. It is common for friends of the opposite sex to flirt. Could he be one of those men that enjoys the challenge and chase of pursuing someone, but only wants the challenge and not the prize? Look at his past relationship/friendship history. Life is too short to be in limbo. Chances have to be taken. Be upfront with him. All you can do is try. You will find out if he's stringing you along eventually, and it may be the hard way as in (you tell him how u feel, he reciprocates but then pulls out) or you may have found a great and fullfilling relationship. You won't know what can happen if you dont MAKE it happen.

Most Helpful Guy

• He just sees you as a friend so you should back up before it hurts you. Reduce talking to him that much.

If you can't handle it, just tell him how you feel.