How come my boyfriend kinda treats me like a little sister?

So let’s just call him.. John, John and I just started dating by like 5 days. When he was getting ready to leave he started ruffling my hair. He is taller then the average boy his age and I’m shorter then the average girl, but why does he do that? That seems to be the only affection we show. We haven’t kissed yet and we’ve hugged once. That’s it but why does he do that?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• By God. U wanna everything to happen and ur 13? Kids these days. Darling stay in school learn what they teaching you. U will have a proper relationship when ur tall enough to see out of a car window. Not at this time. U will have to. Wait till then.

Most Helpful Girl

• How old. are you two? Is he new to dating? I kinda pet my partners hair sometimes, but it isn't the only affection. It sounds like you two are a bit young so he may just be shy or inexperienced

• Just saw your age is 13. Yes, you two are young. Chill, don't rush things. Maybe move up to couch cuddling, but it's only been 5 days and you're both young