Do you start to care more about someone if they begin to care less?

Hopefully this question makes sense haha.

Like say a girl or guy is really into you but you're sort of "playing it cool" but then for some reason they suddenly stop caring as much... do you then flip the switch and start caring more?

Asking cause I was super into this guy but he didn't seem to like me as much, but now that I've sort of taken a step back and stopped putting in as much effort, he seems to be putting in WAY more effort and time into it than ever before

1231

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Because to "care for" has true emotion within it. Someone either cares or they don't. This is not effected by game playing etc.

However, if you don't give someone space they will never be allowed to miss you. Space IS needed in any healthy relationship. It shows you are confident in your self, you trust the other person, you are not needy and you have a life and interests of your own. And all these things are attractive things! If you are basically on top of a guy or texting him all the time or putting all your effort into him he will assume many of the opposite points, which are not attractive qualities.

So what im saying is, if you ever truly cared for one another, his interest is only increased because by giving him space, and he sees your exhibited personality as more attractive. You can't blame a guy.

If you never truly cared for one another, then yes, its possible that it is just a game. His interest will diminish rather quickly though I'd guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• It increases your value. Sometimes people like maintaining a neutral/friendly relationship with everyone. When u care about him a lot, friendly relationship exist between you two, your active and he can remain passive. But once you start to play cool, the balance is broken and to maintain the friendly relationship he has to try and make you "happy", by caring more. It's not a ideal thing, humans shouldn't care about others with the purpose of gaining people's likes, but that's how we are. So this behavior, "playing it cool to gain attention" only applies to some people, but not all people.