Am I in the friend zone?

I have been friends with this guy since I was a kid. We just reconnected and when he found out I have been single for over 2 years, he then asked me why we haven't gone on a date. We've gone out dancing and he's held me he's touch my butt I even slept over his house the other day although he never made any moves to cuddle me or anything he makes jokes here and there and flirts but nothing ever turns into anything. We've gone out to eat, gotten drinks, went to the movies, went on a 3 mile walk, etc. I'm really starting to like him although whenever we are out he says we are just friends. Please help! Ugh

Oh he did say he doesn't want to date a smoker and I've made it known to him I want to quit and making it a point so he knows I'm serious.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You often go out with this guy ! Maybe he is thinking the same. If you are single each other, go ahead, someone has to cross the line and ask a date. A true date. Friendzone is the zone where we prefer to be, like a comfort zone instead to try to get out of this damned f*cking friendzone. We know that we can loose the friendship and we are afraid to try to get what we wish the most and to loose what we have now. Get your chance or move on. It will be great for both of you whatever the feeling of the other. A non situation is a hell. Better to clear the feelings. Only players win.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya we are both single. I asked him on a date and he said ya we can do that sometime. We've still gone out after that but not a specific date.

• You have to be more explicit with him on your relationship "we date very often, we know each other very well, we are single, i like you so much probably more than a friend, having a date, a true date, we are not teenagers anymore, i would like to become more than a friend"
      Time to choose for him. The time is running out. And friendzone is eternal.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• "he says we are just friends."

Sounds like he indeed sees you as a friend (perhaps with benefits). I know others are saying differently but personally I purposely use the word "friends" with a girl to draw a very clear line.

0|0
    0|0
    • I slept over his house over the weekend and he didn't even make any moves or attempts to cuddle

• You need to have the "what are we" talk. That's what women do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say no, FZ is what girls do to guys they like to have around but have zero sexual interest in.
    For a guy, it could be any number of things - that he doesn't view you as a sexual being, that he's too weak to make a move, or he's waiting for you to be clear that you want him. Guys are horrible about reading between the lines - so if you're not boldly direct he's just not getting it.
    If he doesn't like a smoker and you haven't quit that's a huge red flag. Try vape - I did about four years ago after over forty years of cigs. Anyone can do this.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya I've tried Vapes and they kill my throat. I will stop and got my patches. I've made it clear and even asked for him to go on a date. And say cute little things here and there that he's cute. Ugh. I just don't know. He makes some flirtatious gestures and will never let me pay when we go out. He also helped me with a big financial thing over the weekend which I'm paying him back this week.

• Show All
    • Yep. My feeling is I'm not good enough. Told me we would speak tomorrow and specify what he wants in a woman. They gave me the impression I am not good enough 😔

• It's better to find out now if he's not really into you before you invest any more time or emotion in this. You simply cannot negotiate attraction or desire. If you're not IT for him then cut him loose to go find what is. It has absolutely nothing to do with you being 'good enough'.
      My guess is he's just passing time with you, not really interested in a romantic way. Maybe you're fun to be with, he's entertained, but perhaps you're not his 'type', or what he thinks is.
      Your profile says 36-45 - which is it? And how old is he? Where are you two at in your life journey? Is there truly compatibility? Or just acquaintances.

• I've been friendzoned my entire life by Every Woman that I've ever liked

0|0
    0|0
    • So you think I'm being friend zoned?

• Show All
    • Don't be shy you can tell the sexy man if you're looking for a boyfriend especially since I'm a very sexy man I think you would love to get to know me it's me and you would probably have a lot of fun together

• I really wished you would have answered me back

Recommended myTakes