My boyfriend never texts me and seems to think it's normal?

I'm 24 and he's 19, we both work away so it's important for me to hear from him at least once a day when we're apart, today he didn't text me and I waited until 8 pm , I then text him saying I was upset and he rang me for a stupid 5 minutes and tried to make jokes and change the subject and didn't take me serious, he said he'd call me back later and he never so I rang him again and he said he was going to sleep and I wasn't happy, I said if you don't wanna be with me just say do u even care about me etc and he said yes and he text saying love you , but he's not showing it very well , why is he with me if he doesn't care about how my day is or want to talk to me i don't understand  I'm so upset I feel so unwanted going to bed crying, how can I tell him or show him this is really
getting up me

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably not aware that you want to hear from him on a daily basis and isn't making a big deal about it. It's so important to have communication in a relationship, especially on a daily basis whether in the form of texts, phone calls or being in person. You need to let him know that the time you two share together is very important in order to keep the relationship healthy. If he's not making any effort to contact you, he's prioritizing something over you. I'm sure you two could compromise to come up with a solution that works for the both of you! If he's not willing to do that, the relationship will continue to fall until no contact is left. You deserve to be loved as much as he does but if there's no conversation going on, how can a relationship work?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm so sorry that you're going through that. you deserve the best, has he always been that way? if not, maybe somethings going on. but don't overthink hun. it will hurt you so bad. have a open mind and stay calm. do not jump to conclusions, sometimes people need space.