Would you date someone with baggage?

Disorders, trama, depression, sexual abuse?
I just have a fear of someone dating me and they think I’m too much and leave me. I had problems with sexual abuse since I was younger. I feel like a guy would get tired of me trying to take things slow because of my past and present.

44101

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, but it depends on how they deal with it and how it has shaped their personality. Like if the person has overcome their past or disorder, then why not? But if I feel like they still have some stuff they need to work out with themselves, I probably shouldn't, but I usually give them a chance anyhow if I like them enough, in the past anyways, probably won't be doing that from now on. From experience, some people get so caught up in their own self pity that they become so miserable and sometimes even mentally messed up that it starts affecting their relationships, making them toxic on the other person. Sexual abuse (no STD... I dont want to die a virgin just because I'm waiting) is probably the easiest one for me to deal with? I'm not saying it's easy for someone to go through or to overcome, I just feel like loving someone can give them the power to love themselves sometimes, and as a girl (we all go though this at some point) I feel like I can help someone be content with themselves more than I can deal with depression or other disorders...

Most Helpful Guy

• I did date and actually we both were very happy. She opened about her past which was very tough most of the stuff you mentioned above. I didn't mind because I realised she needs someone to help her get through this. But overtime, she started to act very negatively, started abusing me, didn't care at all. For me it started to turn out one sided. I'm a soft hearted person so one day I really had rough moment and ended up in tears. I never usually show this side but I did to her. But she got even more angry and litterly destroyed me. I really got shocked and just thought is this the punishment I'm getting to help her out. I told her to change or at least put some effort, I'll help you. But her response was this is who I am, you have to deal with it. She is my ex now

• Fear will lead to failure. You will get the right guy who will understand you. Would suggest to try to be tougher so past won't bother you much.