Am I over thinking it or is there something there? (Also please know, I am not trying to "steal someone's girl". I am just curious of my situation)?

I'm single and I've worked with this girl for about 8 or 9 months now. I personally find her very attractive and my friends have even made negative comments about her looks when they've seen me working with her, which usually makes me annoyed because I completely disagree.

Long story short, she already has a boyfriend and they've been together for 3 years. I've only met him a handful of times but he's always very dry and ignorant towards me and I usually catch him glaring at me, especially when I'm making her laugh like crazy while he's shopping and were working together.

When I say laugh like crazy I mean we get on really well. I always throw cheeky playful insults at her and can see her smiling and trying to hide it. She fires back at me and it's a back and forth kind of thing but it's all in good fun. We are always joking around and together twice someone else had made a comment that we fancy each other. When they did that, even though I secretly do fancy her, I said "that's fuckin disgusting" and she almost hit the floor laughing so hard.

We work 7hr shifts twice a week with each other and i finish an hour before her one day and she finishes an hour before me the other day and each time we avoid taking our break until the other person leaves because we'd rather just hang out while working instead of taking a break up in the boring canteen. We even get pretty sulky if one of us is off on holiday for one of the shifts and the other person has to work with someone else.

If either of us are in shopping or working separate shifts we will go out of our way to come over and have a chat and usually get told off for laughing around or distracting the other while their at work. If we see each other anytime we aren't working together and can't get a chat we will wave and usually laugh.

I've a mad crush on her and I'm just not sure if she feels the same or just thinks I'm funny and likes the company in work. Sorry if that was a long boring read. What should i do?
  • She just enjoys your company and friendship, you're over thinking it.
  • Just keep going as you are and if they split up then tell her how you feel after she's fully gotten over the break-up.
  • Just keep going as you are and maybe throw in some hints and see if she catches on that you have a crush on her but leave it at that.
    Vote C
  • Your friendship is too good just keep things the way they are.
    Vote D
  • (Select this for the results) and give some extra advice if you wish 😊
    Vote E

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been "that girl", honestly she probably most likely has thing for you. And this is probably really hard on her, because she is torn between two people. Throw some hints her way and see how she reacts. Say you enjoy her company 'randomly'.. see how she respones... maybe bring up her boyfriend... see how she feels about him. But I'm telling you triangles are really messy. So be careful!!

• Thanks for the advice 😊 trust me I'm not going to even try make some triangle out of this because that wouldn't be a respectful way to even start going about the situation anyway. I'm just going to keep my cards close to my chest and see what happens.

Most Helpful Guy

• She (most probably) feels the same for you as you feel for her. I would let her know if I were in your position.
    How to do that is entirely your choice and decision.
    Best of luck!

• Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated 😊

• You are welcome! I didn't vote by the way. You seem like a smart guy so I believe you will figure out what to do and how.