A guy gave me his number and asked me out but hasn’t had any follow up, what do I do?

I’m a bartender (in a small town) in January a guy left me his number. I’ve worked here for awhile and never seen him before. He left his number I was told by a coworker to not text him for 3 days. He came in again the very next night. I panicked thinking he’d get the wrong impression (like I wasn’t interested) so I texted him when he left and just said now you have my number too. He proceeded to ask me out but neither of us really tried to follow it up (schedules didn’t match up). It’s now been several months of him coming in quietly sitting with friends having a beer or two and leaving. I feel like he’s still interested because he still comes to the bar regularly but I’m not sure. It’s also a small town and he’s pretty good looking a lot of people know him and have told me he doesn’t just flirt around. I don’t know if I can peak his interest again. I’m thinking about jokingly asking him if we are ever going to get that drink but I feel pushy. I’m terrible at flirting. And if I really like someone I’m even worse at showing it. (Deep rejection issues). He works a lot and does a lot in the community. He’s an awesome guy I just don’t know how to get his attention again. Or if he’s even really interested. Or how to approach him.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say if he does a lot in the community, then join him in these activities.
    In this way, you'd also get to know him better.
    Don't wait for him to make the first move, because it doesn't seems to be happening anytime soon. Just ask him, tell him you are free on this day, you have nothing on, and if he wants to hang out or anything. Ask him what does he like to do in his free time, and if you're down with it, just join him.
    The worst thing is regretting not doing anything about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everytime you girls purposely wait to reply. You lose a guys interest right then and there. Bo serious guy is going to play those games. Stop listening to others and do what you feel is right. That is so ridiculous and childish to wait.

• I kind of figured I fucked up there. Part of me wants to walk up to him apologize and explain. The other part says he won’t care. I’m wondering if there is a way to undone that damage.

• Cool. I should probably wait until he comes into the bar again shouldn’t I? Or could I get away with a text?

• I think Meta_4 is right. Life is too short. Think a little, make a decision, go with it and see what happens.