Can his personality and mine really work out?

We have been dating for a month now. We have been moving it pretty serious. We both are outgoing, talkative, love music and exploring new places. Yet... we are different. He is loud and very blunt while I’m more soft spoken and too nice. We have great communication, we discuss our differences and somehow manage to work it out.

We are different religions too and we discuss our future but I’ve avoided bringing up problems that can arise with it for the future.

So my question is, can our different personalities and religion work?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you are in the right track at the moment by talking about everything. Communication is the only way to see eye to eye and face any issues, questions or doubts both of you come across. Unless you hit some obstacle neither of you can over overcome just gently keep going the way you are doing now.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! So my issue here is that we seem to be getting serious quick and his parents are Christian pastors and I have uncles who are Catholic priests. I’m afraid of our families interfering

• The only family that could give you their oppinion are the parents, but they should allow happiness of their children be the priority and not religion. Be cool about any objections or arguments relatives will trow at you and focus on the two of you. You two will have to live together and build a life for yourselves so you should be happy. The rest is just outside noise.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can work. It Will mabye get difficult in the futur but you Just have to wait and see how that goes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes why not. Religion can become a problem if this is a serious matter for both of you. And different interests/ personalities I don't see as a problems. On the other hand both of you seem to have the gift of communication. That is the most important skill for a relationship I would say.

1|0
    0|0
    • We communicate very well, constantly work out our differences. Here’s the issue, I’m catholic and he is Christian... but... his parents are the pastors. I have uncles who are Catholic priests. We are eventually looking for something serious, do ofcourse this scares me. For us, it’s not a problem necessarily, until family puts their 2 cents in it

• Any relationship can work, some are just harder than others. Personally i try to find women with similar religious and political views, because a person's beliefs shape who they are.

1|0
    0|0
    • That is very true! I think we are okay with it but the issue is his parents are Christian pastors and I have uncles who are Catholic priests

• It could work, it would probably be an issue if one of you were Buddhist or Muslim or something else. But at least Christians and Catholics pray to the same God. As a Christian myself I say read the Bible and ask God to guide you.

As for different personalities, I've heard that opposites are often the perfect match.

• Yes, what are your religious beliefs. I think that it would be more of a family problem then a you guys thing.

1|0
    0|0
    • His parents are Christian pastors and my uncles are Catholic priests... this is really making me nervous because I feel our families will be the major issue

• Unless your Irish like nother and south. I don't think it's will be to bad. Jesus was turn the other cheek. Right. I mean Catholic and prodasnt is not a bad religious difference. Copaired to Catholic and Jewish or prodistant and Muslim.

• Time
    I think it is too early to tell anything
    A few months are really less time to know each other completely
    At least we require 1year to know someone completely

1|0
    0|0
    • But chances are very high
      My best friends and I have very different opinion
      Personality
      But it something what don't let us apart

• No I dont think so sorry. You all avoid things which is a big red flag. I have painfully been taught to be weary of them. Cause they mean disaster if you ignore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to try, so that you can learn. It's for your own good (and his too)

1|0
    0|0
  • A month is a drop in the pond. This is the fun, relaxed part. Stop stressing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but only if you voice your opinion you need to express and explain your thoughts

0|0
    0|0
  • It can work

0|0
    0|0
  • Does Religion matter?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ohh💔

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes