Why do some guys assume being "a nice guy" is enough to attract a woman like it's the only factor they look for?

Thoughts?
No, i'm not saying that it's bad to be nice, but I see some guys on here saying "but i'm a nice guy" as any argument to why women don't like them, which I think is dumb.

1418

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand what you're saying, obviously as a guy I'm looking for more in a girl than just kindness. Men's gripe is when being "nice" is said as a criticism. I've heard it myself before, you're a great guy, but you're "too nice." Like what do you mean he's TOO nice? Don't get me wrong, I don't want someone who kisses my ass, but at the same time I'm really attracted to girls who are kind and caring. This frustrates men even more when see they women saying things like "all men are assholes" "I just wish I had a guy who pays attention to me" etc. So yes, you're right, being nice is by no means the only quality that should qualify a man as a suitable partner. But when women say a guy is nice as a criticism and then complain about men who don't care enough, we're kinda like "wtf?"

Most Helpful Girl

• The basic assumption is that in order to like a person on any level, they have to be nice. So I don't get it either, and I see this on here all the time.

But I think being nice is quite subjective as well, and that's why people find it confusing. And what I mean by that is, that qualities that are generally thought as nice, might not be nice to all people. And also, people behave differently in different company, so the comparison that is often seen on this site "bad boy vs. nice guy" is often misleading, because in many cases the "bad boy" might behave perfectly nice with a person they are interested in.