Would you date a girl with a wig?

So I lost my hair due to an infection on my head. My hair will grow back but like it will take ages to look the same as it used to be.
I can say that I have a decent looking face and body and with my wig people dont notice it.
Recently someone asked me on a date. And I really wanted to say I'm wearing a wig. But I'm sure I would have scared the shit out of the person and he would run away. I think its a big turnoff. What do you guys think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont think the wig is a turnoff. I do think its a turnoff if you're overly insecure or uncomfortable without the wig on.
    Losing your hair like that is a big deal and i totally understand thats you might not be as comfortable without it, but im sure you look great, with or withou your hair. if you prefer having longer hair then wear the wig, definetly! but you can't have a wig 24/7 and at some point any guy you date is gonna know, so better be honest about it from the start and if its a dealbreaker for them, well, at least you're not super invested, and also fuck that guy for being shallow.
    For most guys its probably not a big deal. If it is, well, you're growing it out again so if they want you they can be patient and if they can't then they dont want you, simple.

1|1
    0|0
    • I think with trust i would be able to take my wig of to the person i care about :) I do think its harder for me than for the other when showing something like that. But indeed, if you get overly insecure even to the person you like/love thats a problem

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I know drop dead gorgeous girls who wear wigs that have very attractive and supportive boyfriends and boyfriend's family too. Its not a deal breaker for somebody who is deeply interested in being loyal and faithful to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me the wig depends on the purpose. I. e. if you shaved your head and chose to wear wigs, I wouldn't count you out, but that's a bit strange to me. But if you lost your hair due to sickness, then no, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. However, you we're probably right not to lead with "hey, this is a wig!"

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely whether it's an issue that happens or medically that causes you to need a wig or whether it's just a choice and you have a set and you think that they're cool and they look better so you shave your head put on a cap whatever to wear one that's your choice and it's really causing the next aisle at the end of the day it's your personality and your eyes that really make who you are and if you're attractive at least to me

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care.

TBH I'd be wondering if you had more than one. That could be fun.

Hair isn't who you are, it's just part of your looks. A wig looks like hair. Since hair's only function is its looks, a wig is real, because it fulfills all the purpose of actual hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely would date a girl with a wig. Most girls wore wigs in the 60's and 70's. It was faster than doing their hair. Were you aware of that?

1|1
    0|0
    • I wasn't aware of that at all! How interesting :)

• My Mom she had several when I was little, she had some that were medium hair and at least one that was longer hair. And in fact, I don't remember a single lady in those days that didn't wear one. And I know a lady still wears the same wig style from back in the 70's. Also there's shops that also specialize in nothing but styling wigs. :)

• If you meet a guy and he thinks it's a turn off, that's just him but every guy is different. I'm sorry for what has happened to you. Due to a disease I had ( still have it ) I lost a lot of my hair and I had to wear wigs and my mom knew how to braid really short hair and will add hair extensions. Some guys knew only because they liked it and asked if it was my real hair ( I decided to have fun with it by getting colored wigs and hair extensions ) and I will say no it's not and that didn't stop them from dating me. My boyfriend didn't care, he actually likes seeing the real me even though I'm bald in some areas and hair being uneven.
    You'll find someone that will still love you, and if you do meet some guys that will think it's a turn off, don't let them get to you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Im sorry it happend to you as well in a way :( but im really glad to hear that you found someone who didn't care and loves you for the way you are :) i hope to find that as well. You give me hope ♡

• Thank you.. Thank you again it's truly special to find someone that will love you no matter what.. You will find that special someone, don't lose hope. 😊❤

• Tbh. Yes I definitely would. And even though it would make me feel dysphoric as I'm transgender, if I would have to cut off my hair to make you feel more comfortable with it then I'd be glad to have a contest with you in who's hair grows fastest or whatever. Just anything to make you feel your best and to make you feel good about yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd date you without the wig lol don't worry about it just be yourself and be honest I'm sure he will accept you just explain to him what happened hell probs have a little chuckle at your baldness then get on with life hair grows back personality doesn't

1|0
    0|0
  • You are just your hair and the guy does not ask you just because your hair looks nice.
    Sure he may not know directly how to deal with it, but if it's a decent guy he'll accept you for who you are. Plus like you say it's temporary. Don't let it worry you too much and just be proud of who you are. Next time explain to him and see how he reacts. If you yourself are relaxed and confident about it that will help his reaction as well.
    Say he can't deal with it then that will suck, but it's his loss not yours.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thankyou so much. It means a lot to me to get such an comment :) because you are so right

• Your welcome.
      The first line off course needs to say "You are Not just you hair..." sorry for the typo. :)

• I once datet a girl with no hair at all. Because of a gen desease. She was wearing a wig when I met her but as we got to know each other I told her to loose the wig. It's not a turn off. It's just impractical.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah it is a turn off..
    but if i know someday they will grow... then i will be very okay with that

0|0
    1|0
    • Your profile picture is a huge turn off so who cares what you think...

• Show All
    • movie.mthai.com/.../I_D060_30461_R-400x600.jpg

a look like this is quite intimidating and hot

• and trust me.. it will even get you more attention from guys since.. you will stand out from girls

• It in no way shape or form would affect my decision. Even if someone would be completely bald for the rest of their lives.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him if he stays he's good :)
    I wouldn't care, it's only looks :D

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fine. As a baldy myself it would be a bit hypocritical! Besides yours is only temporary!

2|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. Good guys would try to get to know your personality. Your insecurity about the wig rather than the wig itself would be a bigger turnoff.

1|0
    0|0
  • My jaw would drop and would say. "gurl. U R so courageous and brave. Please tell me, where does ur bravery come from?"

1|0
    0|0
  • If you have a beautiful soul then I don't mind. Then again, I'm a girl so I don't know how boys think about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are beautiful and nobody should tell you otherwise. It just won’t matter if someone is really interested in you

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course! Hair on your head isn't what makes you attractive or interesting.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sure, as long as I like someone, I'll date them. Wig or no wig.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be a little off putting, but if you were it all the time , I would be ok with it

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not a turn-off and if something that small makes someone run away, fuck'em

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you are intelligent girl, I would date you your health issue is not a excuse for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure... because looks doesn't matter but heart matters 😇

1|0
    0|0
  • Before meeting him, just text him the Truth. He will understand

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally I'd go for a woman with shaved or short hair. Be comfortable in your own skin and your light will shine through.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure a will date a girl with a wig its the person i date not the wig

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it doesn't matter with looks it's mostly how much you either annoy them or how happy you can make em

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go bald, I don't mind as long as dig what I'm dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would most men even notice?

1|0
    0|0
    • They dont. And for some reason that makes it feel like I am fake

• Girl, do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Men are spectacularly easy to please.

• I would- what matters more is the personality and chemistry we have

0|0
    0|0
  • If you wear wigs to look kawaii as fuck in the mean time yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • That wouldn't matter. I don't select who to date based on their hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m sure a lot don’t mind

1|0
    0|0
  • There will always be someone who won't mind it. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. As long as it looked normal

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not care for looks, I care for warmth

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • A black girl?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well im indian if that makes a difference?

• Oh shit. I assumed wrong sorry. Eh, I'm not into wigs.

• Not for me sry !

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    1|0
  • Honestly depends on how big her breasts are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Even dated a bold girl once.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • s m interested cl me frankly8867244489

0|0
    0|0
  • Never did it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It shall do for me i suppose

0|0
    0|0
  • Black girls wear wigs all the time. Not a big deal. And if he does get scared off by something like that, good riddance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wigs are so normal these days - if they make a fuss it looks stupid on them...

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes