Guys, what should I do? PLEASE read?

I was textin this guy I'd matched with on Tinder, he lives a 1hr drive away from me. We spoke for 2 months everyday for hours about our lives and really got to know each other. I never sent him nudes and the conversations never got overly sexual, he was really respectable towards me and I got the impression he actually liked me. He cared about how I was and how my day had been. I stopped textin him for a week because I freaked out about seeing him, I'm very insecure about the way I look and suffer from anxiety. We hadn't made any solid plans to meet up yet but I was travelling up to his area to visit family and got worried I'd bump into him off guard looking disgusting. He tried initiating convo on more than one occasion, I ignored him. After about a week I began textin him again, I told him I'd just felt down so hadn't spoken to anyone. Then one night he wouldn't reply to me for a while. I ended up getting super wound up so I blocked him off social media. He didn't get hold of me by text for a week, I blocked him to get a reaction and didn't get one. I got hold of him after the week had passed and he said he did care that I'd blocked him and had spoken to his friends about it and said he didn't know how to react. We spoke for a while and then he dropped the bombshell on me that he was meeting this other girl and had been for the past week. I said I didn't want to talk to him anymore if he's meeting her and said I hope she's worth it. This was around 3 weeks ago now.
Do I stay silent and let him crack on with her and let him contact me if he misses me and wants to meet up? Or do I contact him first and see if he's still meeting her? I know it could sound silly because we haven't even met before, but we spoke for hours every day and I did really like him. He said he really liked me but this girl he met (the SECOND I blocked him) has made him "feel really good about himself." What's the most attractive thing I can do? I'd never want to come across as desperate.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• See all you can do is make urself comfortable and also the guy comfortable. The best thing that a person can do in a relationship is sacrifice. If the guy is really well bounded to that girl then I think u shud sacrifice ur love, because if u really love him then u would think about his well beings. And if d guy wants to meet u still now, then I would say u shud meet him. Friendship is hard to get, so it will b awkward to lose such a close frnd. But if he doesn't want to meet u, then u shud stop thinking about him and start a new life. Stay happy and keep others happy. All d best. Well wishes for future.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Blocking him and ignoring is never a good thing to do. So please next time dont do such things unless you want them to stop caring for you!
    However you might try to see how he is doing. You will seem desperate but that doesn't have to be a bad thing if you really like him.
    To me the only thing you can do is be direct. Tell him that you still like him and want things to work. You'll get an direct answer back whether he thinks the same.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you think I'll look desperate then I may avoid contacting him. Looking desperate is embarrassing and the last thing I want, even if I do like him. :/

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You are not ready for relationships I'm sorry but whist reading this all that was going through my head was why is she acting like a child for u to tell him you are done and now wonder if u should regain contact if u don't I can garuntie he won't and even then if he is smart he will see that u are so much stress it won't be worth it 😑

1|0
    1|0
    • So rude. Maybe I am insecure about myself and my appearance because I've had abusive relationships in the past, but nobody's perfect and I try my best. I bet you wouldn't like it if a girl you were talking to started fucking some other guy? Keep your insults to yourself, arsehole.

• Show All
    • Just because you're not exclusively with someone doesn't mean that it's not shitty to jump into bed with someone else hours after the person you care about is upset over you. If he was honest with me the second time we started speaking and told me he was planning to see another girl because I hadn't spoken to him for a week I would understand completely. But considering I had no idea about her, it came as a shock when he dropped that information on me. I didn't act badly I was just insecure and nervous to see him - just because I was nervous to see him doesn't justify what he's done or mean I'm unreasonable in being sad about it. All you've done is come onto my question to give me a debate and say he'd be wise to stay away from me when you don't even know me. You haven't even answered my initial question, all you've done is thrown digs at me and debated trying to be "right" for your own ego boost.

• My ego is in affected by this I just said my opinion what's best for you depends as if u like him it would be best to talk to him again as like I state he won't be back by himself

• Your response to boggboss shows you aren't ready for a relationship or any honesty either. Your best bet it so simply focus on working on yourself.

0|0
    1|0
    • I am 100% an honest person I can completely understand moving on from someone who blocks you off. However, isn't it a bit different for him to go meeting this girl the exact night I'd blocked him? That would suggest to me he already had her lined up or that he never truly was interested in me at all. Would that not hurt your feelings if a girl did it to you?

• I'd like to add that he said to me that he knew I'd only blocked him to get a reaction out of him. He knew I was just upset. So considering that, the fact he went off with her and didn't bother trying to talk to me isn't very nice.

• I don't know man too longto read but im here for xp points ;)

0|0
    1|0
    • I'd really appreciate it if you would read it because I need some advice and feel quite down.

Recommended myTakes