Should I ask her out?

So i have been liking a girl for the last two months now, and i am thinking about asking her out.

Her best friend is also a good friend of mine and gives me a lot of information about what she says about me and also how se feels about me. She likes to compliment me a lot when she is talking with her/mine friend and we also love to talk together both at school and via text (even though se doesn't like to talk via text). My friend also told me that she is worried that i dont actually like her and im using her just as a backup and that i like a different girl (which i used to talk to a lot two years ago but got rejected from). My friend also told me that she tells her that she is too shy to apporach me and talk to me sometimes and she is a bit shy and nervous around me in generall. We have benn talking a lot more in the last two weeks and im thinking that its the right time to make my move. Should i tell her i like her and ask her out on a date?

01