Should I lend the guy I've been dating for three months money?

I've been dating a guy for three months and we get on amazingly well. Recently he has fallen on hard times (a contract suddenly ended).. he had to very quickly find new work, which he has done. He won't get paid until the end of next month and needs about £200 to tide him over. He didn't ask me for this, but has said the only person he can ask is his ex, which I find a little awkward. Should I offer him the money?
... I have offered him the money and he has accepted , offering to pay back next pay day, but I've said no rush. Job done :)

3077

Most Helpful Guy

• If you only do it with the expectation you'll never get it back. Money is a huge issue and a top reason why couples break up. I would not lend it because then you'll ultimately have to ask for it back and if he doesn't pay then you'll have to fight about it and all that mess. At least if you give it too him then you can just forget about it and not worry about it creating problems. If he's a good guy then he should give it back anyways but at least if he doesn't then it's not a problem in the future. If your not comfortable just giving it to him then no you shouldn't do it at all... trust me when I say you should never ever "lend" money to friends or loved ones. Giving is ok but once you put that it has to be paid back and it's not then a sorts of problems come up.

• I'm thinking of just offering it to him, I can afford it, think it would be a nice gesture and feel like he would do the same for me. I just feel it's silly for him to suffer for the sake of £200.

• I would agree and do the same myself since it is such a small amount. :)

• :) x

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes if you trust him. Its not always the guys job to look after us girls. I'd do it for my partner