Do you need to know why your partner goes to therapist?

I get a new boyfriend and he just told me he goes therapist regularly. I said ok and didn't ask anything. Should I ask or should I just wait for him to tell me or I don't need to know?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It took a lot for him to just tell you he is seeing a therapist. I just told my partner the same thing. He will tell you in his own time. In my case I'm being treated for trauma after being in an abusive marriage. So its not always a serious mental illness...
    If he takes too long for your liking ask him, but try to be very empathic when you do it.

It does mean however he is very serious about you, because being treated for mental illness still has a huge stigma and to tell you that took a lot out of him.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're comfortable without knowing, I'd leave it. Just let him know you are there and ready to help and support him.