My boyfriend keeps saying he doesn't like me, and being cold towards me?

We've been dating for 4 years now, and in the first year it was wanderful, he was so sweet and caring i had no doubt in the love he had for me. Then he slowly started changing, he stopped saying sweet things to me, he stopped touching me more and more (unless it's for sex or some casual really good mood he's in) he now stopped saying "i love you" (we used to say it every night until 6 months ago?) When I ask him if he likes me, he says no, he actually said it to other people too.

Every time I try to iniciate any physical ( not sexual) contact, he rejects me, saying I'm being annoying. (even if we have been side by side for hours without touching).

We live far from each other, we're only together once a week, for one or two days.

Trust was never an issue, I always new I could trust him. But nowadays, I sometimes find myself wondering if he met someone else. But I think if that was the case, he would have just broken up with me already.

when I talk to him about this, he always says it's all in my head, that's just the way he is ( which is a lie, because he was not like this, he's been becoming like this), that life isn't like in fairy tales or novels, and usually ends it with the typical "if you don't like the situation, you can leave"

I have to admit that in the beginning I was a little cold to him, always dismissing his sweet words.

Do you think this is his way of getting back at me? Has the distance made him colder, like used not to have my touch?

I don''t know how to deal with this, I'm a really physical person, I NEED touch the people I love. And it's getting a little hard to deal with his critics without ANY compliments. My self-esteem if really low right now.
he's 21 by the way

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes, when a partner meets someone new, they have this fantasy/illusion/ridiculous idea on their head that they have done nothing wrong as long as they don't break up with you, and if you initiate a breakup, it lets him "off the hook."

Ask him if he wants to break up.

• I have experienced this in my marriage. Ply, run! Find a good caring man who truly appreciates you for who you are!