My coworker/ friend told a guy she knows that I have the hots for him and would like to go out... What did he mean by his response?

So we work at this shop and he works at a shop down from us. His nephew has dated my coworker since January. At the time, he was married and has a child. About a month- month and a half ago, his wife cheated on him and they have gotten a divorce or are near completing it. He’s 33 by the way. My coworker told me since I thought he was cute (I’m 23 btw) and she said she’d bring me up to him, but warned me that his nephew told her that when he brought up girls to him that he said he isn’t interested in girls currently and wants to focus on his child, age 2.

So when my friend brought me up to him, about going out, he said yes, we should go for coffee. And then he also doesn’t have a ton of time (he is overworked at a restaurant, 6 days 12-12 shifts... they hardly have any workers) but that he likes making friends. And then that he’d come see me while I work too.

So is he not interested if he threw that last part in? Or is it too soon from his divorce he just isn’t ready? Should I just go with it slowly?

01