Everyone I know is getting into a relationship- why am I still single?

All of my friends and practically every person I know is getting into a relationship! I'm actually the only single person in my group of friends left.

So I'm a 26 year old female, I'm friendly, I work hard and have a good job, I'm fairly attractive, I have hobbies, I like to have fun. I can be shy at times and maybe a bit awkward with guys.

But I've been officially single for 7 years, and I've dated guys during that time but things have never worked out or ended badly. Why Does it never work out for me? Everyone else seems capable of doing it. Why can't I meet someone?

It really gets me down and makes me think it's me. Maybe it is me and I need to change... Does anyone have any advice on how I can meet new guys and how to be more confident and show them I'm interested?

011

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, a lot of people say that you shouldn't change you, and you'll find the right person or whatever, but the thing is, change is good, and you might even find someone during that change. It can be quite daunting when everyone around you starts dating and you're left there on your own, but you need to make sure you're critiquing yourself properly. For example, when you dated all those people, was there a possibility it could've worked if you had done something differently?

In any case, try new things, and you could meet new people.

Don't fret too much, it's a very common and understandable thing you're going through