Everyone I know is getting into a relationship- why am I still single?

All of my friends and practically every person I know is getting into a relationship! I'm actually the only single person in my group of friends left.

So I'm a 26 year old female, I'm friendly, I work hard and have a good job, I'm fairly attractive, I have hobbies, I like to have fun. I can be shy at times and maybe a bit awkward with guys.

But I've been officially single for 7 years, and I've dated guys during that time but things have never worked out or ended badly. Why Does it never work out for me? Everyone else seems capable of doing it. Why can't I meet someone?

It really gets me down and makes me think it's me. Maybe it is me and I need to change... Does anyone have any advice on how I can meet new guys and how to be more confident and show them I'm interested?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, a lot of people say that you shouldn't change you, and you'll find the right person or whatever, but the thing is, change is good, and you might even find someone during that change. It can be quite daunting when everyone around you starts dating and you're left there on your own, but you need to make sure you're critiquing yourself properly. For example, when you dated all those people, was there a possibility it could've worked if you had done something differently?

In any case, try new things, and you could meet new people.

Don't fret too much, it's a very common and understandable thing you're going through

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've been single my whole life. Don't worry about it. The world health organization did several studies and most people that have been in relationships will be in more than one on average. Don't compare your life with others as you only see the good moments.

0|0
    0|0
  • What kind of guys do you date? Describe everything race, height, income etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you need to be in a relationship to be happy?

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it's the companionship thing right? Cause it's a basic human instinct to want to be with someone

• Show All
    • Oh yeah I totally agree, but it's the fact that different people want different things. For some, being in a relationship will make them happy, and for others (maybe like yourself) it doesn't matter so much.

• @OhMyDeera Yeah, it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I just do what makes me happy.

• You list all your perks. What are your flaws? Be honest

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress well every time you go out.. make a move when u see a guy that u like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 34 and still single. It sucks

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel your pain. Especially when people you know get married left and right

• I'm 35 and I have been single from back in 2009

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the people are dumb lol

0|0
    0|0
  • well i am also single... lets get mingle

0|0
    0|0
  • it all depends on you girl!

0|0
    0|0