How to confess the real truth to my parents?

So my boyfriend and I have been friends for 5 years and finally became a thing in June of 2017... now we’re officially going strong for 10 months. But there’s a 2 year gap that I haven’t told my parents which is he was in prison for a violent crime with someone. Sad to say he was in the same prison with my dad but luckily my dad doesn’t know yet... My boyfriend wants to confess but I’m not sure if I’m ready for my family to forget all that I’ve shown them about my boyfriend and just sees him as a criminal.. what should l say/do

011

Most Helpful Guy

• The longer your boyfriend holds out on telling the truth, the more painful it'll be for him to hold in that information. If anything, revealing this truth can possibly give your boyfriend and your father a bonding moment together as they can relate to the crimes they committed! If you know for a fact that your boyfriend wouldn't attempt a crime like that again, just be open and honest with your parents. A mature person with a plan of action is always comforting for the parents when they believe in their child's decisions.

One way or another, the truth will have to come out. Why not get it over with to put some ease on your boyfriend's mind? If your parents aren't accepting him, just explain why your mother is still with your father, despite the crime he committed. You love your boyfriend very much and would do anything for him, no matter his past! I hope this situation will get resolved for the both of you so you can be happy in your relationship together, knowing your parents will accept him as part of the family!

• Thanks hopefully they won’t judge him even more than they are

• I'm hoping the same! If he comes clean early on, it'll save the trouble of your parents thinking he can be filled with dark secrets and can't be trusted. Plus, I don't think your boyfriend would want to hold in that kind of secret for too long either!