Do you like blunt people?

I just realized how blunt my boyfriend is and sometimes it can be hurtful and I don’t think he realizes that unless I constantly tell him every time. He doesn’t like my parents he straight out told me my mom is dumb and I told him that was rude and then he changed it to her having dumb decision making skills and then another time was when we went to the mall and I wanted to try this full denim jumper that looked really cute and he was like don’t if you wear that we won’t talk again, I know he was joking but again it’s just like.. why would you say that? Or the time when I wanted to buy monster hunter world and he was like it’s a stupid game why would you buy a game without trying it and then he tried to say once again that my mom has poor decision making skills in a way he could relate that to me. I mean, I like an honest and straight forward guy but.. this is kinda brutal. I’m a naturally sensitive person and I don’t think he gets that. Have any of you ever dealt with dating a blunt partner? How was it for you?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how they manifested their bluntness. If they manifest it in a manner similar to how you describe your boyfriend manifesting his, then I would not like that and would not want to be with a person like that for any short period of time, let alone long term. I wouldn’t say that what your boyfriend is exhibiting is blunt, but rather, rude, disrespectful, and unnecessary behavior.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's just rude. You can voice your thoughts in better ways.