Do You Think Dating As A Man Is Harder Than Dating As A Woman?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If you focus on only one thing there surely will one gender would have it harder than the other, if you focus on everything then u will realize that dating is equally hard for both.
    One reason of why is hard for women is because we can't do the approach because man tends to take that as if we were easy woman (to not say slut) or as if we were desperate, so man don't take woman seriously. Another reason is, that men tends to look a girl just by her looks and/or because they just want to have sex. A reason why is hard for man is because they have to do the approach or big part of the approach and if u are insecure or just shy, that would be hard, specially if the girl is shy too. Another reason is because is expected men pay things, so if men doesn't have enough money it couldn't invite her out.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the individual. Whether you're a man or a woman.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Guy versus girl dating.

The Guy:
    The the guy that has to be the one to approach the girl and ask the girl out in the first place, which takes a lot of nerve knowing it could turn into rejection for him. If the guy is lucky enough to get her number, he has to make the first call too. And before a guy asks a girl out, he's expected to have a car, he's expected to have money, and he's expected to be groomed and dress for the date.

The Girl:

She expected to sit there and wait on her prince charming to approach her and ask her out. She has to pick though this guy that guy and that guy. It's so very tired to have to make a choice. She answers the phone, given she gave him a real number.

OK now decide which one has it harder.

0|1
    1|0
    • Reasons to stop dating NA girls, and start swapping to foreign. I have had much greater success in finding women who won't be quick to judge, and get to know you first.
      Not to say foreigners are perfect, but I find they have different cultural values that work in favour of men.

• @Samyelson Exactly! A lot of countries abroad still have traditional values and men are still allowed to be men and considered the head of the household. Their women are not combing though messages rejecting men, but actively looking for men instead.

• I think what makes dating awful has more to do with dating when you aren’t in the right emotional, or mental state to be dating.
    If I am feeling great and on my A-game so to speak, basically any date I go on, will not only be fun but my date will have a great time as well... making the next move up to me basically.
    However I am only feeling that way sometimes, I don’t even feel that way most of the time, but when I do feel like that, it can last a month to years at a time. When I don’t feel the best of me, can be conveyed, or detached, cynical, or frankly dating too much, all those things will have a much bigger impact and I think it’s the same for girls

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. The challenge is different for men than women. Women tend to think long term while men tend to think of dating as a sexual opportunity. This makes women harder to get because we have to weed through the BS to get the legit guy.

6|0
    0|4
    • There's no such thing as a woman who doesn't see dating as a sexual opportunity. Unless, of course, there's a sexual dysfunction of some sort...

• Show All
    • You're wrong glen... You can't speak for everyone nor more than I can. I don't see men as a sexual opportunity. I can get laid in 10 minutes if I want to. Most men would not pass up the opportunity to be a sex buddy with no strings. That being said we women don't need sexual opportunity because its just always available. What we need is a relationship because those are harder to obtain

• I really can't agree. But perhaps it is because I am only 20.

• Dating is harder for men; in fact, every aspect of dating is harder for men than for women, by a very considerable margin. A woman who questions this does not appreciate what we have to go through, all of it a PITA! For example, from the very start, we're the ones who have to risk the rejection--and the ensuing emotional crisis if the rejection comes to pass--by being the person who makes the first move. There will be exceptions, but, generally, this burden falls on the guy, not the gal. Women: try to visualize yourselves in our shoes, and your hormones are tasking you with the job of making the first move on a guy. Not an easy thing to visualize, is it? For you're immediately confronted with the prospect of rejection, followed by incessant concern over the physical appearance as you engage in conversation. And of course, like women we'll be cryptic in our approval (or disapproval), making it next to impossible to determine if there's genuine interest or indifference... If it sounds like a pain then that's just the first 15 minutes of what we have to go through...

0|0
    1|0
  • It’s probably more difficult if you’re going to let society’s expectations influence you. If you think you have to shower her with attention and gifts, and abide by the “gentleman” behavior, then yes it’s harder.

0|0
    0|1
  • It honestly varies depending on the person.

Are you a shitty person? Are you attractive? Are you smart? Are you busy all the time? How to you act towards potential loves? Etc.

No one has it better or worse. No one is just magically able to catch a date. To believe that gender has anything to do with the fact is both immature and a little disheartening. I thought people were smarter than this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women's standards are always ridiculously high, And almost anything a man says can set her off. The first few dates are like defusing a bomb, If you succeed then you are living with a disarmed but still very functional bomb

0|2
    1|0
  • Both have it hard in dating but in very different ways, which is why I think it's impossible to say who has it overall harder.

0|2
    0|0
    • Please, tell me: with exception to the many hours spent applying make up to the face, how, exactly, do women have it harder? How do women even have it hard?

• Show All
    • ^ And also the disturbingly high chance that a seemingly minor mistake could get you assaulted, raped, or killed.

• @Gamer_Z_ What kind of third world undeveloped country do you have to be living in for that to be a reality? I don't think anyone would "assault, rape or kill" someone over a so called "minor mistake" on a woman's part.

• Unfortunately in society woman only really have to one thing looks

Men needs looks charm and intellect

I believe both genders need both but yea woman don't have to make the first move aren't expected to pay and generally just have to pretty and will still get far in the working and dating world

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both genders have their own dating trials and tribulations
    So since they each have their problems that are different cannot really truly judge which has it harder of any

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that compatibility is a more likely predictor of dating hardships than is sex or gender. If two individuals possess each other's ideal partner goals, values and modes of functioning, I don't see why it would be harder for either gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • To get a date i think is harder for men but to be fare here I think women have a harder time finding the right guy for them.

1|1
    0|0
  • The fact that incels are a thing and the amount of 30+ year old male virgins answer this question categorically

0|2
    0|0
    • Yes and the reason is due to women only noticing the top 20% of men which happens to be the group of men that don't have any problem getting sex either because they know the women only consider them. The other 80%, the overlooked portion take that bad wrap set forth by the top 20% of men. We men in the 80% are reserved as fall backs for when all else fails IE divorces and so forth. Coincidentally this was partly how MGTOW came about. MGTOW is where most of the 80% are these days, however this doesn't exclude even some of the top 20%. This is also why I will look in non westernized countries should I decide to date again.

• I guess they both have it hard, life is just hard.

1|1
    0|2
  • I've never had a successful date dressed as a woman.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s so much harder for men. I don’t know how this can even be debated.

0|2
    0|0
  • To tell the hidden truth, men have to do a lot to amount for a woman's standards. Cuz men tend to fall short on most things.

0|1
    0|0
  • HARDER? ohh yes yes it is. Its always been hard for men 😅. ( im not joking)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because dating is very hard and as a man you need to pick up the signals girls throw at you in order to ask them out on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there problems are different. Yeah women get WAY more attention but that isn't necessarily quality attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mean this to sound messed up but for the most part guys like to be more dominant on the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know maybe , I’m having a hard time too hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • How could a person feasibility know the answer to that

0|0
    0|0
  • abso lutlis folk i try and useis the tindes butt da woofus got dissconecssus

0|0
    1|0
  • never tried the other perspective so I could be wrong, but ye

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating as either gender is equally awful i think.

3|1
    0|1
  • Yeah, mostly because I'm not attracted to guys

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes to infinity and even further.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think so

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely

0|1
    0|0
  • And what do you think?

0|0
    0|0
  • Men don't have lot of options, but women do...

0|0
    1|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the country really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really i would say its about the same

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, A LOT

0|1
    1|0
  • It's harder because men always pay for everything

0|0
    2|1
  • No. I say this with certainty- I'm transgender, so I have experience dating as both.

1|2
    0|5
  • I think it depends on who you are and what your strengths are. It's hard for some men and for some women and it's easy for some men and for some women.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes