"Its not you its me" Cliche or real deal?

When someone says its not you its me, what exactly does this mean? is it a lie?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It means what everyone feels when they hear it. Same as "you deserve the world and someone to treat you like the world" translation "what i just said just not with me, like you know all those things just not with me". They wkrld would be so much better if people would just tell the truth. You dont like them just tell them the truth. It just hurts people more when you give them all these nice ways of trying to say it so you dont feel bad. The problem is everyone fears feeling bad them selves so they try so hard to beat around the bush but in the end they just cause the other person more pain. Which is not fair.

0|0
    0|0
    • why do they say that, when the day before they were saying I really like you... makes 0 sense.

• Because people are impulsive and only care about themselves. Then when they change there mind again they just run again. Just who cares right just play with other peoples hearts while you figure out your own

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it means that there's something wrong on their side of the relationship and that's why they had to break things off
    It's not your fault; it's theirs

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Its usually a lie, but it lets the both sides believe they have a better self image.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cliche AF

0|0
    0|0
    • how so

• Show All
    • Wonder what I did

• no need to worry about it. Things didn't work out. The reason it didn't might not even matter to the next person or once it happens to come up, you and your future partner will take care of the issue together.

• Sometimes its true, sometimes its false.

0|0
    0|0
    • so what would be the "its you" about?

• It could be any number of things, he has something he needs to deal with personally and feels he can't do that while giving his all in the relationship is what springs to mind

• Can be both

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes