How do you deal with being a different stages in life when your SO is over a decade older than you?

Hello, everyone. I am currently a young woman with male interests who are 30+. I am interested, and I feel as though he is as well; however, he is at a very different stage in life.

The man I am interested in just turned 30 and has been divorced once. I am in college, and i have a feeling that he is the type to want to settle down and marry or have kids soon, but that's not something I would even consider for another 10 years. What do you recommend as far as dating when your lives are in very different places?

#Dating #OlderMan #YOungerWoman #AgeGap #shareyourexperience

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd forget about it. He's looking got a wife and mother, you're looking for someone to explore life with. As you said, you're in different places in your lives. It won't work. At least one person will be miserable, probably both.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Date someone your own age, and who's at the same state kn life as you are. There is no way around it.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Are you sure he wants to settle down soon? Maybe you shouldn't be making assumptions.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're absolutely right. I have not spoken with him enough to really say what he does and doesn't' want.

• That's a big age gap at your age. You'll be looking for different things, unless you're already looking to settle down, which it doesn't sound like you are. Kinda difficult.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll have to sit down and work out what you want as a couple. If you love each other, you'll work it out and come to a compromise that works for both of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife is 10 years younger. She keeps me motivated and young and likes to do fun stuff...

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow... me and my wife have 4 years age gap and I sometimes feel it effects us

1|0
    0|0
  • It means you want different things and aren’t compatible

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes