Would you get bored with a girl who keeps in touch with you when you are abroad?

I dated a guy for three days non exclusively and then he left for abroad and will return in the end of year. We had a good time and i felt that strong sexual chemistry and we both were very open to each other. Now he's been gone for a while and i text him once a month just to keep in touch. Would you feel like the girl is clingy and you would not want to stay in touch when you are working abroad? or should i just not contact and see what happens after 5 months? i really like the guy and he was also very patient with me. FYI i am inexperienced in dating and he is super experienced but does not get into relationships. I don't want a relationship out of him but just want him around as a friend as i am very open with him all the time.

He gives prompt replies and never misses my call.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say that's clingy at all, if I went away even if the girl messaged me once a week I wouldn't see that as clingy either, but i suppose it depends on the guy and what he's looking for exactly

• Well currently his focus is his work, and its not easy earning and living in a different country. But i don't have that mentality that if he is not contacting then he is ignoring me. I mean i also contact people only when it is extremely important.

• I've noticed then when i text him he doesn't engage in conversation that much, but when i call he gets excited and then we always have a pause moment which gets awkward and one of us ends the call saying we'll talk later. And also that later rarely comes for both of us. WTF.

• Maybe it depends on when you text him and phone him, if you text him at a different time to when you've tried phoning him then maybe he's busy when you text him so he's less responsive, well i don't know about the last bit, normally both people should make an effort