I am in love with an emotionally unavailable man. He rejected me. Is this my fault?

I showed my interest to him. I did everything. But he doesn't care of me. He is very angry, sad, in depression. And I feel very bad. Is this my fault?

2091

Most Helpful Guy

• You seem to be asking this... looking for an answer that it's not you're fault... so I assume that's the answer you will get most.

Question- how could it be YOUR fault? You only state he is difficult, unavailable, and rejected you? WHY? What caused this (I assume) change in him. Yes, I assume you had a part in it if there is a change.

"I did everything", to push him away, bring him closer, or one than the other. "Everything"? Like allowing him a safe place to share, then understanding and acceptance... or tell him to get over it, and demand he hear you... did he try to emote... and you ignored him? Now he feels judged, or unimportant, and attempts to build him seem fake?

I ask all this, because this sounds like it is my wife asking the site. Is your initials mmb? I'm in this now, from the other side. I was distant, because I needed support, that i didn't think of get. Then when I did approach, I was ignored. Then I emoted, I shared, with zero reply, zero interest, zero questions, no effort to understand, or accept. Then when her friends explained how fucked up she made our marriage, she spent forever trying to convince me what I shared... was something entirely different. Not only indifferent to my problem, but applying a different one that is more advantageous to her, so it's better for us... but in realuty, horrible for me, on top of the original thing still looming. Now I have 2 huge problems, zero support, and a militant harpy TELLING me how to feel, about HER decsision on me. Im fucked either way... why emote ahain... and add another imaginary problem to help her feel good that she helped... at a thing she made... where's my incentive?

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not your fault. You are just honest about your feelings towards him. It's not easy what he's been through also. Maybe it doesn't mean he doesn't care, it's just that he has his issues he needs to face first.