Ladies, do you care if the guy you are dating makes less money than you?

Just curious, I feel as I get older it becomes more of an issue. I am a graphic designer, I don't make terrible money, about 50k a year, I used to make a bit more, but took a pay cut to move back to my home town. Working on making more money though. I feel like the women that I meet that make more than that, kind of look down on me for not making as much money as them. Is this all in my head? Or do a lot of women feel this way?

I personally don't care. I think as long as they aren't relying on my to pay their bills, I don't really care how much money a woman makes.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not something that would ever bother me; tbh I’d never think of it.

I’m happy to be with someone I love and who loves me, irrespective of income level because I know that we’d both be contributing in anyway we possibly could (not necessarily financially) toward our future together.

I don’t ever want to be dirt poor and having to struggle to afford the essentials so, I’d do whatever it takes to ensure that we have a comfortable life together. If I happen to earn more money then great; it means that there’s more money I could put aside for our future together.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Women under around 22 or so don’t care.

After that most do but some don’t.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn’t go so far as to say most but then again, it depends on the type of women you’re meeting and their background. I could be very specific as to who is more likely to care and have it as a dealbreaker but it probably wouldn’t be appreciated in such a public forum as many people may be offended.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not at all as long as it's not a problem for him

1|2
    0|0
  • It's definitely not a deal breaker for me. I prefer a man who will treat me right and love me.

Money is great because it can get you so many things.

there's nothing more sexy than a man who can take care of you. Just love her unconditionally and she won't mind so much about your wallet size

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. My boyfriend is currently only in volunteer work and his income comes from job seekers allowance whilst he applies for working roles (unfortunately, it's been this way for a long time and he's kinda discouraged :/ ) so I earn more than he does but it doesn't make a difference. As long as he contributes fairly, then there's no issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t really care whether the man makes less than me, as long as we both put in our two cents (haha) to make life comfortable with the money we have

0|2
    0|0
    • Can i find a woman who has no ego issue earning alone, feeding her husband and children as the other huge male population is doing?

• Show All
    • I would like to ask that does it bother the woman if after marriage she does not earn or earns very less as compared to her husband. A just want to know the woman perspective.

• Earning less is okay, just like the men, but if she can do more to help their financial status she has to do that to make ends meet. It’s unfair if the woman does nothing too.

• Personally, I don't care although I only changed this opinion once I met my current boyfriend who not only was making less money than me but also had a job that many would consider to be a not very good one. Being with someone who makes more money or more successful or who has a better job etc is obviously ideal but if he's a good person and treats me well then all that goes out the window tbh.

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually prefer who either makes the same as me more if I'm going to marry him because I want our kids to be given the best there is to be given. I don't want to have a family that has to deny the wants and needs of our children or cut corners for them. I want them to have a comfortable life where they're always satisfied and secured.

However, if I'm not serious with a guy. I'd care less what he makes.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can also earn for ur children if u care for their future so much, why rely on the man's money and
      Man can also give the same excuse for a woman.!

• Show All
    • Then why are u giving the excuse of children?

• Say directly that ur boyfriend doesn't like it and u agree with this ideology.

• I’m not dating anyone but I wouldn’t care if he made less money but hopefully he’s still able to pay his bills.

1|1
    0|0
  • All guys I've dated make less than me. All of them. Even the one I'm with now. And no, I'm not rolling in money. I'm poor af lol
    I don't care.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once you are in a stable relationship or marriage it shouldn't matter, split things or combine.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me It kinda depends on the amount of money we both make. If we're poor (not really poor, but about 40k in a year) then yes, It would bother me a little bit. But If I make 100k in a year and he makes 90k, I wouldn't mind

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care, I'm a blacksmith, so I make quite a bit of money each piece of mine gets sold. I make a minimum of $150 a week

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope... as long as he can do some of the sharying its all good with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t care but would probably prefer them to be from a similar financial background because we will probs have similar opinions then maybe x

0|0
    0|0
  • In theory I'm OK but in practice if he makes less money than me he must have fucked up somewhwre in his life.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't care because it shouldn't always be up to the guy to take care of the girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I think the vast majority of women set the guy making more money than them as a requirement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont really care as long as he is not a slob and dosn't expect me to pay his way... I like to be spoiled some too

0|0
    0|0
  • You can also earn for ur children if u care for their future so much, why rely on the man's money and
    Man can also give the same excuse for a woman.!

0|0
    0|0
    • its because society has made it hard for women to even earn the same amount of money that a man does, not to mention than when she is pregnant, a woman that has no husband to show for, gets prejudice and the most job offers they can get are as sales clerks.. and that after birth, they are expected to return to work after a month or so, therefore they do DOrequire any amount of help the man can give as it is NOT ONLY her responsibility but theirs

overall, yea a woman should be prepared to earn for their children, but men should at least have the decency to take responsibility... its not giving excuses... its about being a proper human being

• Some girls are gold-diggers. Get rid of them. Girls should care about you, not money.

0|1
    0|0
  • It wouldn't bother me but I can only speak for myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do. They will lie on GaG and say they don't. You should know that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No matter what women say, they are hypergamous and care about a guy's money.

0|0
    0|0
  • dude its 2018 who cares?

0|2
    0|0
  • It ain't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I care