Ladies, do you care if the guy you are dating makes less money than you?

Just curious, I feel as I get older it becomes more of an issue. I am a graphic designer, I don't make terrible money, about 50k a year, I used to make a bit more, but took a pay cut to move back to my home town. Working on making more money though. I feel like the women that I meet that make more than that, kind of look down on me for not making as much money as them. Is this all in my head? Or do a lot of women feel this way?

I personally don't care. I think as long as they aren't relying on my to pay their bills, I don't really care how much money a woman makes.

237

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not something that would ever bother me; tbh I’d never think of it.

I’m happy to be with someone I love and who loves me, irrespective of income level because I know that we’d both be contributing in anyway we possibly could (not necessarily financially) toward our future together.

I don’t ever want to be dirt poor and having to struggle to afford the essentials so, I’d do whatever it takes to ensure that we have a comfortable life together. If I happen to earn more money then great; it means that there’s more money I could put aside for our future together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women under around 22 or so don’t care.

After that most do but some don’t.

• I wouldn’t go so far as to say most but then again, it depends on the type of women you’re meeting and their background. I could be very specific as to who is more likely to care and have it as a dealbreaker but it probably wouldn’t be appreciated in such a public forum as many people may be offended.