Vitiligo and attraction?

I have vitiligo on my left hand and on my chest. How much would it affect your attraction for your romantic partner if he or she has vitiligo? And how much it affect your seriousness for the relationship?

1912

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m an introvert. I rarely look people in the face unless they get my attention first either by talking or I notice something about them that catches my interest. The same happened between my husband and myself when we first met, except I noticed his hands... which are covered in vitiligo. Then I noticed his nerdy Doctor Who bracelet. I decided to look up and his face was gorgeous. He has vitiligo around one eye and part of his lips; and has white hair scattered through his eyebrow, hair, and goatee on the same side. Vitiligo is on his arms and legs and on his penis. We make jokes about his penis ranging from the British pudding “spotted dick” to naming him it dog names because... SPOT. Just as he loves kissing my freckles, I love kissing his vitiligo spots.

I find it spreading and remind him to use sunscreen. I know it’s an autoimmune disorder, so I watch him for other autoimmune issues. I’ve noticed he seems to have psoriatic issues recently where the vitiligo is and doesn’t get sun (on poor Spot).

• What a sweet couple. The way you talk about his penis is so romantic

• @reventon4 physically ok. Emotionally doing better than the last time. Still emotional and cry easily, but otherwise ok.

• Thanks for asking

Most Helpful Guy

• I’ve seen some really hot people with vitiligo. I think the reality is people who are affected by it automatically think they are unnatractive. Especially if you grew up with it, so of course all the kids are gonna treat you like shit about it until you’re an adult and enter the real world.

Then because you were abused about it your whole life you’re depressed and self loathing and you feel like everyone is looking at you funny and judging you.

• But if you take a look at some of the people who take ownership of it, who live their lives as if they don’t have it. Some of them are models for Christ’s sake! It’s not about the colors. That isn’t what matters. What matters is how you Carry yourself, and how you should boldly show it off and be prideful! That’s gonna have the women flocking to you!

But if you’re sad and hunched over and getting lazy and fat cuz you’re depressed, and you’re like fuck it, why even shower? Nobody will ever want me because of this curse! Well now you see it’s not about the “curse” it’s about how you carry yourself.

• In my experience I’ve seen plenty of people with vitiligo. All of them work shitty retail jobs. All of them are fat as hell. All of them don’t take even 1 care about their physical appearance. They just slump and hide and shy away from people. They all feel like they are worthless! That’s not true! They are just as good as the rest of us! So buck up kiddo! Get your ass in gear and live life to the fucking fullest! Don’t let it get you down! It shouldn’t! People love people who can overcome their obstacles. And this one is a painfully obvious one right? So all the better! Congratulations, you have a battle to win that will make you a stronger person. And people see that strength when you build it and appreciate it even more than your average person who seems to be doing well.