Vitiligo and attraction?

I have vitiligo on my left hand and on my chest. How much would it affect your attraction for your romantic partner if he or she has vitiligo? And how much it affect your seriousness for the relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m an introvert. I rarely look people in the face unless they get my attention first either by talking or I notice something about them that catches my interest. The same happened between my husband and myself when we first met, except I noticed his hands... which are covered in vitiligo. Then I noticed his nerdy Doctor Who bracelet. I decided to look up and his face was gorgeous. He has vitiligo around one eye and part of his lips; and has white hair scattered through his eyebrow, hair, and goatee on the same side. Vitiligo is on his arms and legs and on his penis. We make jokes about his penis ranging from the British pudding “spotted dick” to naming him it dog names because... SPOT. Just as he loves kissing my freckles, I love kissing his vitiligo spots.

I find it spreading and remind him to use sunscreen. I know it’s an autoimmune disorder, so I watch him for other autoimmune issues. I’ve noticed he seems to have psoriatic issues recently where the vitiligo is and doesn’t get sun (on poor Spot).

0|1
    0|0
    • What a sweet couple. The way you talk about his penis is so romantic

• Show All
    • @reventon4 physically ok. Emotionally doing better than the last time. Still emotional and cry easily, but otherwise ok.

• Thanks for asking

Most Helpful Guy

• I’ve seen some really hot people with vitiligo. I think the reality is people who are affected by it automatically think they are unnatractive. Especially if you grew up with it, so of course all the kids are gonna treat you like shit about it until you’re an adult and enter the real world.

Then because you were abused about it your whole life you’re depressed and self loathing and you feel like everyone is looking at you funny and judging you.

0|0
    0|0
    • But if you take a look at some of the people who take ownership of it, who live their lives as if they don’t have it. Some of them are models for Christ’s sake! It’s not about the colors. That isn’t what matters. What matters is how you Carry yourself, and how you should boldly show it off and be prideful! That’s gonna have the women flocking to you!

But if you’re sad and hunched over and getting lazy and fat cuz you’re depressed, and you’re like fuck it, why even shower? Nobody will ever want me because of this curse! Well now you see it’s not about the “curse” it’s about how you carry yourself.

• In my experience I’ve seen plenty of people with vitiligo. All of them work shitty retail jobs. All of them are fat as hell. All of them don’t take even 1 care about their physical appearance. They just slump and hide and shy away from people. They all feel like they are worthless! That’s not true! They are just as good as the rest of us! So buck up kiddo! Get your ass in gear and live life to the fucking fullest! Don’t let it get you down! It shouldn’t! People love people who can overcome their obstacles. And this one is a painfully obvious one right? So all the better! Congratulations, you have a battle to win that will make you a stronger person. And people see that strength when you build it and appreciate it even more than your average person who seems to be doing well.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not at all. It runs in my family. I dont have it yet, but half my immediate family does. If I liked a guy I wouldn't care about something lik that. But attraction has to be there to be in a relationship for me. Some people are going to not like it, but ignore them. Your bosy is yours, and your lover will think your awesome and sexy inside and out!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care at all. I think its pretty and unique to have somewhat like a "patern" on your body. I do think if you had it on your face it would attract much attention, maybe in a slight negative. But than again. Its unique and you should own it.
    Your skin is not something that people will depend there relationship of. Your vitiligo is just a small part of who you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't affect my affection for someone. It's something different from what we're used to, sure but I find it original and it wouldn't change my feeling for someone

0|0
    0|0
  • I think vitiligo can be really striking and beautiful, and at worst it would get a reaction of "hmm, interesting", so it wouldn't affect a relationship at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care? It's a part of who you are and makes you unique. Embrace it in yourself and they will embrace it too. If not they aren't worth your time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't stand it to be honest but if it wasn't all over the place then I could deal with it.

I find discolored skin extremely unattractive it doesn't look right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not contagious so no one would really care, unless its just a petty person, look at the comments no one gives a fuck, you do you, dont change for no one

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s really beautiful and interesting, wouldn’t affect anything at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I find it quite attractive. Even if somebody doesn't it shouldn't effect your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol.. How do you find that attractive?

• Show All
    • If she hated it she wouldn't be with you. Be a bit confident

• Yeah

• I'm mmore attracted to the overall structure than details. So it wouldn't really effect my attraction for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care. Might surprise me a moment if it was the first time meeting someone and I wasn't expecting it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't make a difference for me it's a condition what can they do just another physical feature for me to ignore before I get to know her

0|0
    0|0
  • If I dated a guy or girl with Vitilligo it might shock me at first, but it wouldn't affect my attraction. Don't sweat it!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it does make a difference. If anything it's interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter. I would date and marry someone with vitiligo. It's ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not be turned off by it. I would judge u by ur personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Summoning @Halligan to this

1|0
    0|0
    • Will post something after I get a photo of my husband’s hand... he’s working right now.

• My own uncle actually has the same problem. And aesthetically speaking, you have no problem dating a man with this right?

• That’s what caught my attention with my husband.

• It wouldn’t matter to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn’t affect my opinion at all

0|0
    0|0
  • MICHAEL JACKSON IS THAT YOU?

0|0
    0|0
  • It would make no difference to me at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • if he loved me i wouldn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares

0|0
    0|0
  • wouldn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • If a sweet guy to go out on date sure but I would just be scared to settle down would It spread to our children? So just natural instinct not to but I don’t think u should let it stop you

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I actually think its really cool and mesmerizing.

0|0
    0|0
  • , if I’m into you, I’m into you! That shouldn’t define who you are!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes