How long should I wait to respond to a text?

So I just got someone's number recently and its been a couple days. I've been being patient but, I don't want her to think I'm not interested, because I am very much interested lol.
So should I continue to be patient or text them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're very interested in her, why are you waiting to text her back? The longer you wait to text someone back, the more likely they'll believe that you'd prefer prioritizing your time with other activities/people over them if they are expecting to hear back from you. If I had someone I really liked text me back fairly quickly, I would feel flattered in knowing they are interested in me and want to talk as soon as I could get a hold of them!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah the guys have pretty much nailed it. Playing games like that will just kill any chance you might have. Just let her you know you like her and text, before she thinks you just want to use her and she moves on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• rule no 1 of texting a new girl, text within 24 hours. i dont care what other people say but what my female friends have told me is that it isn't nice if the guy takes his time to being texting

0|2
    0|0
  • Thug life! Dude just text her, if she likes you it doesn't matter how long you wait. If she doesn't like you waiting longer won't make her want you more either.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't know. I personally operate under the belief that texting is one of the lowest forms of communication. If you wanna show genuine interest and care, then put in the extra effort to actually talk to the person, or at least call. Texting is just so perfunctory. And besides, if she's really interested in you, she'd rather hear your voice than read some words on a screen.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for the reply :)

I met her online and we haven't talked on the phone yet

• Within 24 hours, don't try to play by a guy code that shit is stupid

1|1
    0|0
  • Go with your thoughts if you are truly interested set yourself above that and text her last thing you would want us to be back burner from when things get bad with someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a couple of days is a good amount of time to wait, go for it

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't unless you are busy

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 week!

0|0
    1|2

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes