Do guys lose interest as soon as they know you like them?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • Sometimes
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only the ones that are just looking for sex (because you having feelings is an unwanted complication that they don't want to deal with) or the guys who never liked you in the first place.

Guys who are interested in you (for more than just casual sex) will appreciate your signs of interest in them).

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Most of the time they don't. I would imagine they only lose interest if they get freaked out or realize they are actually not as interested as they thought they were.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Only the players. They need to feel the thrill of the chase. Normal guys? Absolutely not, that’s silly.

You know most girls are thinking of players when they ask questions like this. I feel like the two groups need to be separated because they seem to act differently in different situations.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is a thing called the "Cat- String Theory" in which people like or desire someone more of which they consider not within reach or at least difficult to obtain because it would be otherwise. When you hold up a string for a cat and move it around, not letting the cat get it, the cat becomes more and more inclined to try to get it. But if you drop the string, the cat won't budge to try to get it, because it's within reach already.

So it's the same with the scenario and this has a lot to do with psychology. Therapists, businessmen, possibly politicians, and, of course, the pick-up artists make use of this theory. There is just this hardware programming in our brains to aim for the unobtainable but ironically gets dull with it once it is obtained.

So the answer here is clearly yes, because it's our programming for God-knows-what reason of evolutionary processes. However, this programming can be altered by two factors: culture and love.

Culture is what you are brought up with. It is the set of beliefs you begin to develop with the environment you are brought up in and this beliefs somehow influence you largely of how you view the world and how you work , this includes this scenario. So if you are brought up in a monogamous and disciplined environment in which you are taught that you will really have a one and only and whether you are sexually interested or not or if it is sustained or not, in other words, it doesn't matter, then you are inclined to not let your eyes confuse you whether you are in love or not. If you lose interest because now you know, you weren't in love the whole time. This is because you are convinced of this beliefs and if you truly agree with that, it will be so in your life.

As for love, it will take account of both culture and the programming, this is, however, sustained and it will make you feel that there is always something mysterious about this person, even if you know they like you. And it goes on, you get married, have children, grow old and still that mysterious until you realize that you have been attached, and it all doesn't matter if he/she were mysterious or not. In a nutshell, really, love is the perpetuating cat-string, modified by culture.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they were to it would be either because the girl weren't their type, or, they are bashful and they are hiding their feelings. What I find is girls will change their attitude toward me when I tell them they look gorgeous. If they don't like the comment, IE they don't like me, they go into their defense mode and begin avoiding me at every turn.

1|0
    0|0
  • No they lose interest cause they don't like you. It has nothing to do with you liking them or not. Men are not like girls that change their levels of affection with every little shit that he does xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if he was NOT into you in the first place, otherwise they should be really excited and want to get to know you more if they feel the same.

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends on the woman if i think she is beautiful and i like her then if she is interested in me well it would be amazing i would totally love that!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • There is not answer. Sometimes yes, that may happen, sometimes no, and sometimes the guy will behave in such a way, that you will interpret as his disinterest, and in fact, he is really interested. So that should confuse you lol
    Best thing to remember is cultivate a relation where you can say how you feel honestly, get vulnerable, he will then have to respond, and he will try it, that is how it starts, it can start off like “how do you feel about X, because I get so nervous and want to know if you feel the same way” you gotta get into a conversation where he is forced to express how he feels and bond, that is how it starts

0|0
    0|0
    • And dammit, I don’t mean by text, in person only

• The cool thing about it, if you do as I suggest, you don’t even have to necessarily reveal your feelings about him, you can keep him guessing as long as you want

• Some people just want approval and then they're done but I think most dudes would be more encouraged by it more than anything. Be aware of the douchebags though (that goes for men and women)

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on personality in my case - if you're a totally vacuous person, I'm gone. But if you are intelligent and can engage in decent discourse, I'll be like a rabbit on heat

0|0
    1|0
  • It depends, if I like the girl then I'm suddenly twice as interested in her, if I just see her as a friend I tend to take a step back so that they can get over me

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if the feelings Are mutual. Some Guys might lose interest due to the fact, that They might not Want to Hurt your feelings, by keeping whatever you have going.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like them you just like them. Nothing can change. The ones who lose interest ; do not like you or only after sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are like that too they avoid as soon as know the guy likes them

2|1
    1|0
  • More attracted unless you act like you don't care about them and so they r going to do the same towards you

1|0
    0|0
  • That one guy who said yes is a dick head! Don’t hang out with him!

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope my girl tells me that she loves me for at least 10 times a day and that increases my affection and interest in her and i love her for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats not true.. some freaky guys do who are always looking for sex rather than spending some good time with friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys are in it for the chance. There is nothing that you can do about it until that guy is ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's about the chase. It's fun and exciting to flirt and think maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm afraid I'll turn a guy off if I tell him I like him or especially if I ask him out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't, but then again I'm so clueless I wouldn't know in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's my to do with u liking them can be about finding out everything about u then getting bored

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on if a guy likes you mentally or sexually

0|0
    0|0
  • U like them... Means u like them... Nothing can change that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only the booty bangers do that, or the players who don't have real care for your ambitions at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No bc if they u like them than they usually go for them or like them back

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s the opposite for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Not in my experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think so, why would they?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope... They get even more attracted by you

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I'd increase interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • i feel like it happens a lot actually

0|0
    0|2
  • Depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, more attracted

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah very fast

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on how much interest it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Very very true if there's no conquor the game over

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not true

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumbest shit I've ever heard. That makes no sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • That happened to me it does ruin the fantasy

0|0
    0|1
  • I get a "heart attack" from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, not for me personally

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be more interested in a girl, if i'd know she likes me, too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy

0|1
    0|0
  • Not if they already like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • ye i do

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes