Why are girls attracted to socially successful guys but then resent us for being socially successful?

Girls want guys with high value, guys who other girls want. Most girls want to be with guys who are sought after and who are extremely attractive to other girls. What I don't get is why those same girls seem to resent that these attractive guys also get attention from lots of other girls. They want attractive guys, but not what comes with that. It's like the guys who lust after strippers and then resent that other guys are there too.

3