Why do females always want to get married? What are the benefits of being married?

How does being married help fix your life? What does marriage do for you that you can't do for your self?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Marriage is a social construct designed to keep tabs on members of society. The only benefits of getting married I can think of are access to citizenship, and joint-bank accounts (which can also be a very negative thing depending on the circumstances)

0|1
    0|0
    • So there is in no substantive purpose for marriages? like if governments and States didn't exist, too marriages wouldn't exist? because no one would care for it, not females and not the guys?

• I mean people would still get "married" as in have a ceremony that symbolizes your union together. But yeah, the real perks of marriage don't come from the wedding, they come from the paper you sign together at court. So to answer your question, if government wasn't a thing, the only purpose of marriage would be to establish a new stage of relationship and celebrate the union of two people, there'd be no other "purpose"

• Females get social status from being married.

0|1
    0|0
    • So by this logic and in your opinion, marriage is only beneficial to the female gender?

• Show All
    • I think they would, because of love. But possibly fewer.

• Love, i see..

Recommended myTakes