Why are parents OK with Guys liking girls but not girls liking guys?

To make this more clear, I just want to know, why are some parents or people in general harder on the girl for having a crush or dating a guy than they are with guys having a crush or dating a girl? Is it because girls can get pregnant?

010

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because adults already now that guys are more likely to abuse than be abused.
    Also, the girls who would be considered dangerous to date are dating anyway.

• What do you mean by the second thing you said? Maybe I'm reading it wrong..

• I meant that there are girls that are abusive partners and don't need parental protection, but they are usually dating anyway, no matter what their parents say.