Why are parents OK with Guys liking girls but not girls liking guys?

To make this more clear, I just want to know, why are some parents or people in general harder on the girl for having a crush or dating a guy than they are with guys having a crush or dating a girl? Is it because girls can get pregnant?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because adults already now that guys are more likely to abuse than be abused.
    Also, the girls who would be considered dangerous to date are dating anyway.

1|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean by the second thing you said? Maybe I'm reading it wrong..

• I meant that there are girls that are abusive partners and don't need parental protection, but they are usually dating anyway, no matter what their parents say.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Cultural and social norms
    Boys should be sowing their wild oats before settling down
    Girls are little princesses that must be protected
    It is a somewhat antiquated morality but it is still persistent

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys can be dicks and tend to hurt peoples feelings. Girls are usually more thoughtful and kind so parents think that a girl would be good for their son but they think the same way about the girl liking the guy

1|1
    0|0
  • Well I think the risk for a girl in a romantic situation is a bit higher. They contract STDs easier, they can get pregnant and let's be honest there's a lot of scumbags out there. I always had to talk my sister though some bullshit a dude who was just trying to fuck her would say/do that genuinely hurt her and that's kind of hard to watch. (A lot of douchey women to though I don't want to seem like I think men are the only problem I'm just discussing the worst case scenarios.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Pregnancy and If a guy goes around saying he banged you it hurts your reputation while it boost the guy's.

1|0
    0|0
  • A dad likes it when his son finds a girl he likes partially because it's a father son bond (or how my dad is) although a dad doesn't like it when his little girl is taken away... clique but true.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think deep down inside we all scary of her grown up, worry what could happen BC as a guy we know how guys think or don't want her to get her heart breaking

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably related to possibility of getting hurt or pregnant. It's not really fair, but parents are pretty protective in general

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes basically because girls can get knocked up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't get pregnant

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes