Is it wrong to be with someone who has a different religion?

I am a Christian and believe very strongly in the teachings of the Bible and have developed a really strong relationship with God over the years. There was a period in time when I went through a rebellious stage and strayed far away from Church and God. It was the most depressed I'd ever been and I truly felt darkness on the inside.

A few years later, I began to realize that without God my life was empty and I truly became a Christian and my life has changed drastically ever since. I no longer experience depression, I feel there is a lightness to me now, and I could never imagine because part of any other religion because God touched my heart so intensely that I no longer doubt him. Here's the big question: Is it wrong to date with/be with someone who follows a different religion? I know in my heart that Christianity truly is the key to everlasting love & will save us all.

It hurts that he won't experience those same emotions about God and religion. My family is very adamant that he has to be baptised at our church and born anew if he is to be with me. I don't know if they can accept him otherwise. To me it doesn't make a difference as long as I remain a Christian and he doesn't force his religious views on me because I am certain of my spiritual path. Thoughts? Opinions? Bible quotes? Thank you <3

05

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not wrong, but it is generally more difficult, especially if you or the other person are religious.

• In my opinion, what your family is insisting upon may cause you to lose out some good guys.

• He is a Muslim and parents especially believe their religion is dead wrong. They do not say any positive things about it & would probably disown me. That would hurt me deeply because I am very family oriented & have always strived to have a good relationship with them

• I hate to say it, but that is simply too difficult a situation to make work. I think you should break up with him, not to please your family, but rather I don't think you and your boyfriend will be happy with each other given your stark religious differences. Religion is an important part of your life, and he can't share it with you. Also, it's pretty unlikely that he would not expect you to convert to Islam if you two were to marry- that is something his family will expect. The chances of him converting to Christianity are extremely low given that leaving the religion is strictly prohibited in Islam.