Is it wrong to be with someone who has a different religion?

I am a Christian and believe very strongly in the teachings of the Bible and have developed a really strong relationship with God over the years. There was a period in time when I went through a rebellious stage and strayed far away from Church and God. It was the most depressed I'd ever been and I truly felt darkness on the inside.

A few years later, I began to realize that without God my life was empty and I truly became a Christian and my life has changed drastically ever since. I no longer experience depression, I feel there is a lightness to me now, and I could never imagine because part of any other religion because God touched my heart so intensely that I no longer doubt him. Here's the big question: Is it wrong to date with/be with someone who follows a different religion? I know in my heart that Christianity truly is the key to everlasting love & will save us all.

It hurts that he won't experience those same emotions about God and religion. My family is very adamant that he has to be baptised at our church and born anew if he is to be with me. I don't know if they can accept him otherwise. To me it doesn't make a difference as long as I remain a Christian and he doesn't force his religious views on me because I am certain of my spiritual path. Thoughts? Opinions? Bible quotes? Thank you <3

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not wrong, but it is generally more difficult, especially if you or the other person are religious.

0|0
    0|0
    • In my opinion, what your family is insisting upon may cause you to lose out some good guys.

• Show All
    • He is a Muslim and parents especially believe their religion is dead wrong. They do not say any positive things about it & would probably disown me. That would hurt me deeply because I am very family oriented & have always strived to have a good relationship with them

• I hate to say it, but that is simply too difficult a situation to make work. I think you should break up with him, not to please your family, but rather I don't think you and your boyfriend will be happy with each other given your stark religious differences. Religion is an important part of your life, and he can't share it with you. Also, it's pretty unlikely that he would not expect you to convert to Islam if you two were to marry- that is something his family will expect. The chances of him converting to Christianity are extremely low given that leaving the religion is strictly prohibited in Islam.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well the problem would be in the future, if you both get engaged and decide to have kids then what religion are you ganna teach the kids, you both can decide on one but we both know that wouldn't feel right

0|0
    0|0
  • In the Bible does it say that if you're with a non-believer that you should stay with them because it makes them holy?

0|0
    0|0
    • Explain please? I didn't understand

• I looked it up. What I was thinking of was 1st Corinthians 7:12-13 although when looking that one up I also found 2 Corinthians 6:14 which seems to contradict that. I don't know I guess you got to do what's acceptable to your own convictions.

• maybe this will help
    A man goes to heaven, and St Peter shows him around. They go past one room, and the man asks: "Who are all those people in there?" "They are the Methodists," says St Peter. They pass another room, and the man asks the same question. "They are the Anglicans," says St Peter. As they're approaching the next room, St Peter says: "Take your shoes off and tiptoe by as quietly as you can." "Why, who's in there?" asks the man. "The Catholics," says St Peter, "and they think that they're the only ones up here."

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
    • You think it's perfectly acceptable to be with someone who follows a different religion?

• Yes. Religions and gods are human made. Fuck them

Recommended myTakes