How slow is too slow?

I went through a breakup where the guy basically stopped speaking to me and the next time i saw him he had a new girlfriend. No explanation... nothing.

This was a few months ago now and I am back in the dating pool. Met this guy he seem really nice and genuine. We have very similar values etc.

I haven't had the greatest history with dating and tend to rush into things too fast. So this time around I want to take it really slow and have explained that to this guy and he understands.

So how slow is too slow? We have been on three dates so far and he always wants to see me. We have kissed. I would like to get to know him on a more deeper level but i do see potential for things to evolve.

So what should my next step be... keep dating/seeing him obviously but when should things move to the next level.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• If you were dating a man who genuinely cared for you then he would go at your pace even if it were annoying or he wanted more. It goes both ways of course. I think as you experience different types of relationships, and knowing who you are when it comes to relationships, just don't put yourself in odd predicaments that forces you to make choices you wouldn't otherwise.
    My boyfriend and I chatted and texted for months before meeting up and going out on our first date. He wanted to be official, made it clear, but I also made my concerns clear. We see each other once a week (due to work and our location from each other) which is helpful at pacing the relationship where it's comfortable and not overwhelming or demanding.
    At this point your next step would be to see whether or not you both want to be officially dating exclusively. Or you can just keep doing what you're doing and just let things naturally progress. Building a foundation for your relationship is always a positive thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well things should evolve to the next level when you are ready for things to evolve, donĀ“t try to force anything, do it when you feel comfortable to do so, but i would say that anywhere between 3 and 9 months is an appropriate timing, see how it goes and flow accordingly, if you feel ready in the next meeting, so be it, if it would be after 6 months, so be it.