Guys, would you of let this woman pay for the date?

I think it was a really nice gesture what she did but then her reaction after i thought was quite ridiculous and rude, i think he should of just let her pay though but i think he felt uncomfortable with the idea since its not traditional or the norm, even though they both ended up seeing each other again anyway.

• Yes, i would of let her. (state why)
  • No, i wouldn't. (state why)

1570

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it to be really embarrassing, if we have to start arguing about who's going to pay. And we do that sometimes, because my boyfriend isn't comfortable with me paying, if it isn't my turn. That's why we usually decide before going in whose turn it is, or if we want to split the bill.

But after she said, okay let's split it, he should have let it go. It's fine if he doesn't want her to pay for his meal as well, but for God's sake let her pay her own if she wants to. It's not gentlemany anymore, if you start to argue about it like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• She is a keeper... Not a woman that wants to be waited on hand and foot. Is willing to pay or split the cost. Isn't stuck following blind traditions and social acceptable norms... She is a dream girl, my dream girl... And I didn't think they existed until seeing this... I guess you have to go halfway around the world to find a gem like her.. because you don't see a lot of this in America, unfortunately.

• this isn't common in England either (where i'm from) she knows the cameras are on her though, could be something to do with it lol

• Lol well I guess it's rare every where.. it's even more rare here in America. Women here expect a man to do everything for them.. and more... Even tho they are capable young people. Yeah the TV might be a big deal about it... But it's at least refreshing to see still.

• Maybe I'm just more independent but I like yo pay for my own or treat my guy too. If your dating, it's exhausting financially to be the one who pays or everything. It would definitely be a red flag too. I live in Canada and I've had to literally run to the til with my bank card to cover something on a date. I went on a date where he paid for dinner and then tried to pay for our drinks and games of pool and I put my foot down and covered it. I even told the waitress he wasn't allowed too. We're both on this date and it shouldn't be on the guy to spend a lot of cash to go out with someone. I try to find ways to go out that doesn't cost anything to avoid anyone spending cash. I don't know where the rule of men pay came in here, but they deserve a little pampering too. If your dating and playing the field, that shit would get expensive just trying to see if you like that person. Take turns covering date nights, alternate with fair value or split your own.