Guys, would you of let this woman pay for the date?

I think it was a really nice gesture what she did but then her reaction after i thought was quite ridiculous and rude, i think he should of just let her pay though but i think he felt uncomfortable with the idea since its not traditional or the norm, even though they both ended up seeing each other again anyway.

• Yes, i would of let her. (state why)
    Vote A
  • No, i wouldn't. (state why)
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it to be really embarrassing, if we have to start arguing about who's going to pay. And we do that sometimes, because my boyfriend isn't comfortable with me paying, if it isn't my turn. That's why we usually decide before going in whose turn it is, or if we want to split the bill.

But after she said, okay let's split it, he should have let it go. It's fine if he doesn't want her to pay for his meal as well, but for God's sake let her pay her own if she wants to. It's not gentlemany anymore, if you start to argue about it like that.

6|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• She is a keeper... Not a woman that wants to be waited on hand and foot. Is willing to pay or split the cost. Isn't stuck following blind traditions and social acceptable norms... She is a dream girl, my dream girl... And I didn't think they existed until seeing this... I guess you have to go halfway around the world to find a gem like her.. because you don't see a lot of this in America, unfortunately.

4|2
    0|0
    • this isn't common in England either (where i'm from) she knows the cameras are on her though, could be something to do with it lol

• Lol well I guess it's rare every where.. it's even more rare here in America. Women here expect a man to do everything for them.. and more... Even tho they are capable young people. Yeah the TV might be a big deal about it... But it's at least refreshing to see still.

• Maybe I'm just more independent but I like yo pay for my own or treat my guy too. If your dating, it's exhausting financially to be the one who pays or everything. It would definitely be a red flag too. I live in Canada and I've had to literally run to the til with my bank card to cover something on a date. I went on a date where he paid for dinner and then tried to pay for our drinks and games of pool and I put my foot down and covered it. I even told the waitress he wasn't allowed too. We're both on this date and it shouldn't be on the guy to spend a lot of cash to go out with someone. I try to find ways to go out that doesn't cost anything to avoid anyone spending cash. I don't know where the rule of men pay came in here, but they deserve a little pampering too. If your dating and playing the field, that shit would get expensive just trying to see if you like that person. Take turns covering date nights, alternate with fair value or split your own.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If she said she would get the check you might say no no I will but if she insists after that... gEEZ Louise.. . LET IT GO!

2|1
    0|0
  • if she insists im not gonna stop her

3|2
    0|0
  • In my own honest opinion dear Princess Pie, Yes, I would of let her pay for the bill.
    First of all, let me say, I am the kind of guy who feels uncomfortable letting my date pay the bill on first few dates. As a gentleman, I should at least because I am the one asking her out and inviting.
    Seriously, this woman is a keeper, I would do anything just to meet a soul like her. Very respectful, her accent is wonderful, amazing words, she is a real Lady.
    I totally disagree with the guy's behavior on the other hand, he was disrespectful by saying "Shut up"!!! For God Sakes, who says that to a Lady? He could have simply expressed himself otherwise.
    Anyways, we are different as humans, but that Lady just made my eyes widen and admire her a lot, the way she talks, her words, everything. Maybe it is just acting, but hopefully will have the chance to meet someone like her.

In simple words dear Princess Pie:
    I would of let her pay for the date, but, gave something else in return, like a small surprise after the restaurant, a nice gift, flowers, anything I could come up with to show how much I respect, love, admire and appreciate her.

Please tell me there is somewhere a Soul like her I could meet one day!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • damn she’s cute lol... i’d def go on a date with her 😛
    ya i’d let her pay... no biggie... funny how we make such a big thing about a girl paying lol just further confirms how odd it is for most people... when in fact it’s not really that odd lol

1|0
    0|0
  • guys dont get that gentlemans are trying to please the lady, if she wants to pay let her, but they make it like being a gentleman is about them and she denies them that... that is totally not caring about her but about themselves...

3|1
    0|0
  • Well if i was that much appreciated by a beautful lady like this one and she even wanted to pay it for me i would gladly accept this and take this as a sign that i really am going in the right way in regards to a possible relationship, but i would say that the next one would be entirely on me, so we get on equal footing.

2|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't get into an argument like that. If she was that insistent sure I'd let her pay and I'd get the next one, or we'd split it. I don't think her reaction was rude, if anything I think that the guy was pretty rude in telling her to shut up. I think it's rude to refuse an offer when someone is that insistent.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a girl nab the check before I could (the bill was like 120, it was a nice restraunt) on a first date, and I have to say, I didn't mind it. I've always paid for dates, so it was a nice change of pace. I did argue with her about it for a minute, but after she insisted, I just accepted it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugh she's pissing me off, I completely understand the whole equality thing because I'm all for it, but to get rude at the end when they split it, fuck off, he was trying to be nice, as was she, yet she's getting annoyed because he ended up splitting the bill, ugh fuck off

1|0
    2|0
  • When the woman insisted paying then the dude started arguing with her, that was ridiculous. He also told her to shut up. She was being nice and not many women offer to pay. When she offerd to pay he should have said, "Really, are you sure? Okay." Then it should have ended there. He was went completly overboard with this. He was acting like it was a competetion over who can be the most stubborn. Extremely immature.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's a difference between being a "gentleman" and "male ego boosting" that I don't think he quite gets. After she said that it's very important to her and she would seriously prefer it, he should have let it go. I could see him asking why, or trying to come to a split arrangement then. But he wasn't "thinking" about being a gentleman or being "nice" to her when he was telling her to shut up and that it didn't matter what she wanted.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have let her. She talked about there being no RATIONAL reason, and that's the key to my heart, a rational woman making rational argument to support her point. Plus, it seemed to matter a lot to her.

I'd definitely have taken her up on the promise to let me pay the second time.

0|2
    0|0
  • Omg what is the big deal. Let him pay. She probably does everything for everyone and doesn't think anyone can do anything for her. There is nothing wrong with letting a guy treat you. She was uncalled for.

1|1
    4|1
  • I actually agree with him. (My philosophy is that is he invited her to dinner - then he pays) HOWEVER...

He should respect her - and I wouldn’t have let it go so far... I would have said - right at the outset... OK, I respect your feelings - let’s split...

2|0
    0|0
  • I would never expect a woman to pay on a date, but if she insisted it would be rude to act the way he did. I'd have a lot of respect for her not seeing me as a source of money though.

3|1
    0|0
  • Might say you get this one I get next one as I think some girls don't like guys paying but some like old fashioned things like holding the seat for them. I always hold the door open for person behind me as it's good manners but I got abuse once from a girl because she said that because she is a girl that she can't open a door but I do it for everyone as it's the way I way brought up.

2|0
    0|0
  • I always offer to either split the bill or pay. I'm grateful if I a guy insists to pay but I don't expect him to. I wouldn't expect a friend to pay for me and I'll treat a date with the same respect.
    I live in Australia and it seems to be a little more common here than most places.

0|0
    0|0
  • I myself would never let anyone that I took out or that went out with me pay for it because in my opinion and a lot of people disagree I believe that guys should be able to spoil their partner whenever possible

1|0
    1|0
  • If someone insists let them. If you're gonna go against them then all you're doing is turning a nice gesture into a sour argument

3|1
    0|0
  • I would argue and probably split the bill like he did

eventhough it was a heated battle, but i think they quite like each other

it will make their relationship more interesting

2|1
    0|0
  • Men who let women pay for dates are pussies... plain and simple. Fuck all the bullshit explanations... you're the MAN... so fucking MAN up and pay for the date !! Damn, it's so fucking simple.

1|1
    0|2
  • He went waaay too far lmao, each person should offer but if she insists then just let her, no need to legit fight over it and get a bad attitude

2|0
    0|0
  • It seemed important to her so why not let her? She wasn't being rude or condescending about it or anything
    I would have been fine with it and then as she said paid next time

2|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I'd split the bill and never ask her out again. She has WAY to much attitude for my taste.

2|0
    1|0
  • Absolutely let her pay 😂. It’s one thing me offering first, it’s quite another if she’s going to flip her lid over it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would let her because breaking norms are somewhat a part of my lifestyle. It would definitely make me more interested in her aswell as thankful.

3|0
    0|0
  • I think the one who is rude is the guy. I mean, no one wants to hear 'shut up' on their first date, and she doesn't owe him anything to let him pay. If he wanted to be a gentleman he would rather have let her pay her share.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't make it a big deal. In general I have no problem with the woman paying but this one in particular I wouldn't like it if she paid because she's just doing it to prove a point...

1|0
    0|0
  • Couldn’t watch that cringy video. But if a woman offers to pay for me I'll let her and I surely comment how surprised I am.

3|0
    0|0
  • I think the guy was the rude one, actually.
    I would not give him a second date if I was her.

Personally, I would let her know that I only believe in each paying their own, but if she still insisted on paying then I would let her pay.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell ya I'd let her pay. Free meal? I would not argue. Though in the back of my mind I'd be thinking "omg, was the date really that bad? Shiiiit I'm never seeing her again! At least I got a free meal out of it."

1|0
    0|0
  • She probably has a job so she should be paying. Logic

2|0
    0|0
  • She clearly feels very strongly about it so I would have no problem letting her pay.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I love the the initiative. But I would insist next time I pay. Imply there is a next time and let her do her thing. My manhood is not dependent on showing I have a lot of money. I'm confident enough with my manhood.

0|1
    0|0
  • The guy is a tool, only thing he did was reveal how insecure he is and how he doesn't like compromising.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if she ask to pay I tell her if you want you can leave the tip then that way she doesn't feel like you didn't take her money. 1st date I think the guy should pay , on the second date ya you can split the bill

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes for a million reasons , but most important, that's the stigma that creates inequality between sexes, we are all equal if anything women are a little more, advanced in what's important in life

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause if she wants to "offer" paying and using her money then that's more money in my pocket

1|0
    2|0
  • I would prefer to split the bill but I would not complain if she would want to pay it.

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes, every time, until she gets fed up of this bullshit 😂

4|0
    0|0
  • If she wants to pay then ill just pay for the next date, it's all about boundaries and mutual respect

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I pay my part, she pays hers. That's how it works. If we have more date later, we can switch, but the first one is shared.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take turns after we've gone out once or twice but this got a little extra. Might be a cultural thing (brits)

2|0
    0|0
  • Shit if somebody wants to pay for the date, please sign me up! It should be mutual in my opinion. We are all grown and work to make our own money.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would let her , the gesture shows she like me and willing to pay for me. But it should not be an ego war.

2|0
    0|0
  • Unless she was financially deprived and I was not, I see no reason to stop her.

1|1
    0|0
    • If she was in that situation, I still wouldn’t stop her but double check if she was sure she wanted to.

• Never... I would have held her in a headlock while the waitresses swiped my card.

2|0
    0|0
  • No i wouldn't let her pay cause i believe guys should pay for dates.

1|1
    1|0
  • Id split if she was insistent but then again with that stuborness I might not ask her out again.

2|0
    1|0
  • Yes, I would let her pay, I would ask “Are you sure?” But Wow this guy was so rude to her. Even if I had a problem with something she did I would never treat a woman like he treated her.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes